View Full Version : 25MC33 Zenith

Kalamazoo-DJ
06-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I recently had my Zenith Roundie completely overhauled, last night it had excellent picture but has always had small amounts of buzz in the audio since the overhaul, it was adjusted out Wednesday night and worked fine on cable. but tonight I noticed a fuzzy picture and it can also receive channel 3 input on channel 4 as well both are as fuzzy , then when I played the VCR it sounded like everything audio was going through a Kazoo. it has the normal scrunch from VCR play at the top. Any clues on wtf happened?

compucat
06-04-2010, 10:07 PM
I too have a 25MC33 Zenith roundie and it has always had a buzz when high contrast lettering is on the screen. I sounds like you need to check the tubes in the signal path from the tuner through the IF stages. Don't go adjusting anything except maybe the agc or buzz control and fine tuning. They are great sets and the color picture is unbelievable.

Kalamazoo-DJ
06-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Compucat wow I have that same exact set in your avatar probably going tomorrow to a new home, I love my zenith I have working but troubled with why it is so inconsistent between daily runs.

oldtvman
06-05-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm getting ready to leave now, I shall have that puppy running like brand new, can't wait.

oldtvman
06-05-2010, 08:43 AM
I too have a 25MC33 Zenith roundie and it has always had a buzz when high contrast lettering is on the screen. I sounds like you need to check the tubes in the signal path from the tuner through the IF stages. Don't go adjusting anything except maybe the agc or buzz control and fine tuning. They are great sets and the color picture is unbelievable.

Keep in mind sets of that day weren't made to push the contrast to the max. They don't look as good and your running the set at a million miles per hour. Back down the contrast save the crt.

Kalamazoo-DJ
06-05-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm getting ready to leave now, I shall have that puppy running like brand new, can't wait.

Ok i will be here,