View Full Version : This is one of my efforts to help our with our cause...

JB5pro
05-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Hi Carole,
Thanks for reminding me :) That is a very good price and I would like to but I have realized that the parts from your set would not work for mine. However, it is a great thing for you to make the set available as it is something that provides historical and general value to many in that it can provide parts to restore more perfect sets or it may be restored if one of the few TV men left wants that exact cabinet style which is a very beautiful set. Surprisingly to me there are somewhat often discovered TV's in flawless, mint condition from time to time dating back to the '50's when color TV first came. Many thought color TV came out in the '60's.
So, please offer your TV on the website: Videokarma.org or Craigslist. If you like, I can tell the fellas at Videokarma since u have to register to place posts or ads. If u offer it on Craigslist it may go to some dumdum who may throw away the valuable guts to use the cabinet for some creepy fishtank as goofballs have often done to very special and historical sets.
I understand you logically want money for it and I know the feeling. I have TV's worth $10,000. to me but I am not likely to find a buyer at any price. One is a 1972 RCA home entertainment center I thought your set could provide parts for. I love it but research indicates I would have to find a very rich person who happens to want the exact model over similar cheaper ones and that is more luck than I will search for. It works like new and I plan on keeping it forever... just giving an example of the TV market for you to consider.
I hope you do not get frustrated and resentful as most do as I advise you to offer your set for free. Many people in similar situations are so selfishly mean that they destroy thier sets rather than give to someone who will not pay simply because they cannot afford it as there is presently little if any profit ever in old TV's. This is a real test of your character :)

Pkease have a very good day for me and you :)
Sincerely,
John
__________________________________________________ _______________
This is not in note to Carole...

I know the set is kinda crappy but I will be doing this letter to anybody that may be in similar situation and some parts should be worth the effort to get if for free. I just tried to send pics but they were too big. I will do it later.

JB5pro
05-09-2010, 04:48 PM
ok! thanks!
i will try that website. i just have no further use for it. and just want to sell it for a low price.
i'm going through things that i have no further use for. and selling them. yes, this is a very good set.
also, is very heavy too.

sincerely,
carole
__________________________________________________ _______________

I think this set is discussed here somewhere. It is a '73 or '72 model in a cabinet with doors that has a very worn finish on top. Missing the little double square color prism thing RCA used to have on color sets. It has the solid state chassis that lays down and a brightner hanging on the CRT for a very small extra fee.

I haven't had time to re-size pics she sent me.