View Full Version : RCA roundie in Ann Arbor Mi.

captainmoody
04-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Has 14 hours left! Opening bid is in line. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230460962206&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Adam
04-18-2010, 10:47 AM
If you look at his other items, the same guy also has a ct-100 and an old b/w Sparton up for sale.

marty59
04-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Kind of unique with that channel selector arrangement...less common.

captainmoody
04-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Heck, it's right by you Adam. Put a bid on it!

Adam
04-18-2010, 11:16 AM
No room for another console, (if it was a remote set I probably would bid anyway), but a non-remote console needing cateract repairs I can resist. I was thinking about bidding on that Sparton though. But the RCA looks to be in good condition with actual pictures of it working, so I hope somebody gets it.

miniman82
04-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking real hard about a 2 for one trip to MI for both the roundie and the CT-100... Guess I'll put in a bid and see what happens later today. :thmbsp:

Eric H
04-18-2010, 01:40 PM
I really like the Sparton he has for sale, it has a brightener on the tube though.

DaveWM
04-18-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm thinking real hard about a 2 for one trip to MI for both the roundie and the CT-100... Guess I'll put in a bid and see what happens later today. :thmbsp:

hope you get it. If it was within driving distance I would be all over it.
:thmbsp:

Jeffhs
04-18-2010, 07:57 PM
The channel indicator on this set certainly is unique, as there doesn't seem to be a VHF channel selector--just the UHF one. Does the VHF window show in place of the UHF dial scale when the set is tuned to a VHF channel? I can think of another arrangement whereby the VHF channels are projected to the center of the channel selector knob (like many Zeniths of the '60s). A switch on the back of the tuner would shut off this pilot light and illuminate the UHF slide-rule dial when the VHF tuner was set to the UHF position. Another possibility is that this set was intentionally designed to receive only UHF stations, for use in newer cities such as Youngstown, Ohio, Fort Wayne, Indiana, et al. that have no local VHF channels.

BTW, the cataract on this set's CRT looks terrible. I bet the safety glass would fall off the front of the tube if one sneezed on it.

NewVista
04-18-2010, 11:00 PM
What year is this TV ? I have a 21FBP22? kine (says on the gun connector)(from a 60's Zenith - actual tube model obscured by mounting band that also holds 4 mounting lugs that are set back ~1"). This tube has implosion shield & no cataract--so this TV would be interesting from that point of view, if, that is, this tube would drop in ?

sanjarali
04-19-2010, 07:38 PM
The I am said the brother tells me Dearborn, MI Michigan USA also range into ANN ARBOR USA!! :banana: For to have piece such American history view color Television! Many do know this TV will live inside car of mine?

jeyurkon
04-19-2010, 09:01 PM
The I am said the brother tells me Dearborn, MI Michigan USA also range into ANN ARBOR USA!! :banana: For to have piece such American history view color Television! Many do know this TV will live inside car of mine?

Well, unless you're the one that won the auction it's too late to worry about that. To answer your question we'd need to know what kind of car you have. But if it is indeed a "car", then no. It is unlikely to fit in any car. You'd need at least a van.

John

JB5pro
04-20-2010, 10:18 AM
The channel indicator on this set certainly is unique, as there doesn't seem to be a VHF channel selector--just the UHF one. Does the VHF window show in place of the UHF dial scale when the set is tuned to a VHF channel? I can think of another arrangement whereby the VHF channels are projected to the center of the channel selector knob (like many Zeniths of the '60s). A switch on the back of the tuner would shut off this pilot light and illuminate the UHF slide-rule dial when the VHF tuner was set to the UHF position. Another possibility is that this set was intentionally designed to receive only UHF stations, for use in newer cities such as Youngstown, Ohio, Fort Wayne, Indiana, et al. that have no local VHF channels.

BTW, the cataract on this set's CRT looks terrible. I bet the safety glass would fall off the front of the tube if one sneezed on it.

I think that control design was only used for '64 and only on models sold at high-end department stores like Burdines or Maas Brothers. I think RCA dealers were not allowed to sell that control design. I suppose it was a way to have the RCA dealer's sell the "best" models. While this unique control/design is rare and neat in general, I think in '64 it was not quite as fancy or high-tech looking as the usual control design where the VHF #'s are illuminated in a seperate window. Plus these lighted VHF #'s are small.
Definately a great TV to have! How lucky to get an excellent original phospher color CRT to make the set look great off as well as on.

bluenorm
04-20-2010, 03:46 PM
that TV might have a high lite 21fjp22A like my does.

Robert Grant
04-20-2010, 11:48 PM
$@&%*!

Can't believe this went up and I missed it in one of the first times I didn't log on to the net for four days straight, it was easily in my range, finished below my price target, and has the same channel knob/cyan reverse paint UHF scale my grandparent's color set had!

I sure hope the winning bidder backs out and it gets relisted.

ChrisW6ATV
04-21-2010, 01:47 AM
that TV might have a high lite 21fjp22A like mine does.

It does look about the same as the cataract on my 1966 RCA set. Mine also has a Hi-Lite 21FJP22A CRT. I just did the PVA removal "surgery" on it on Sunday, my first one. It did go pretty fast. I will post a few pictures of it within the next few days, in an update of an older topic here.

bgk283
06-10-2010, 08:28 PM
actually, and i know this is alittle late, the vhf channel selector has a lamp behind it and illuminates the numbers in the dial, i know because i had one, also when it gets to the uhf number on the dial it sends the light up to the uhf plate that you see above the channel selector, was very cool.

JB5pro
06-12-2010, 12:39 PM
actually, and i know this is alittle late, the vhf channel selector has a lamp behind it and illuminates the numbers in the dial, i know because i had one, also when it gets to the uhf number on the dial it sends the light up to the uhf plate that you see above the channel selector, was very cool.

Hey dude, I already said that :)