View Full Version : Have a question

Fisher-Dave
03-13-2010, 05:16 PM
.. if it makes any sense.

Ok. Son picked up a used 20.00 1995 Zenith 19'' TV ( he don't like flatscreen tv's and wanted to stay older crt like he always had ) to replace the one in his room that finaly bit the dust. The one he got last night is clean, not used much, and has a good picture but here's the problem. The picture seems to big for the screen top to bottom. For example, when watching the news for say .. school closings, the counties that are displayed across the bottom of the screen are not there, like the picture has been 'zoomed', except I can't find a zoom feature on this tv to un-zoom it. He plugged his Xbox 360 into it and all is well, except the writing on top of screen or bottom of screen are not able to be read, such as the score board. If I could figure out how to shrink the picture display .. all would be fine. It really only has a couple of adjustments inside the rear cover, one is focus which is fine, and the other is not labled but neither are what I need in order to change the size of display. Any advice how to un-swell the picture? Even while watching tv through the direct tv satelite receiver, the top and bottom of the guide list is cut off so he can't veiw the programs coming on, unless he scrolls. I searched all through the menu lists and can't find a thing. It may end up down in the bottom of our sinkhole where the other junk falls. :scratch2:

Zenith26kc20
03-15-2010, 02:52 PM
If I remember right, there is a small control (around 1/4 inch size) near the vertical heatsink. It may be near the front right as viewed from the rear of the chassis.
Try slowly adjusting this control.
If it is a menu I2bus set (data driven) then I have to find the service menu entry procedure and let you know.
Let me know if it has the control.