View Full Version : 1980 cm

DaveWM
02-28-2010, 10:02 AM
No idea of the status, but its at a thrift shop for 8$.

I was thinking of going over there with my CR-70 and seeing what kind of crt it has and if its anygood. I think its about a 1980, do you think it would have a delta gun CRT?

zenithfan1
02-28-2010, 10:04 AM
I'd put money on it being an inline tube with a set that "new".

radiotvnut
02-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Every CM set that I've seen from around 1979 on used an inline tube. I'd probably take a chance with the $8 and hope it's good. There were a few 25V RCA's, Sylvania's, and Wells-Gardner built sets from 1980 that still used a delta gun CRT; but, that's about it.

Chad Hauris
02-28-2010, 08:07 PM
If you look closely on a set with a delta gun CRT you can see the round dots on the shadow mask...an inline tube set will have a very fine vertical stripe pattern. The only exception would be some of the fairly old GE inline tubes which did use a dot pattern. You should be able to see if it's dots vs. stripes even with the set off. I don't think there were any delta gun sets which used the stripe type shadow mask.

freakaftr8
03-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Bet it's got NEC guts and an inline tube.. Second Chad's comment. If you look closely enough, you can tell. The curvature of the inline strips seem to bend from the sides of the CRT uniformly with the side of the CRT curvature. If you see dots and no bends, most likely a gelta gun.