View Full Version : Another Dreamer

julianburke
02-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Let's see what happens to this item!! It's on you know what and the item number is 220556847862

I sent him an email stating we threw away 3 of these working as they are less than worthless around here. Where do people like this come from????

Here is his reply: "ONLY SERIOUS COLLECTORS WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THIS ITEM...Thanks for your imput."

BTW, Aren't we serious collectors?? It still begs the question "How serious are we??"

I think he substituted "serious" for "DESPERATE".

ANOTHER FOLLOW UP:

He sent me this: "Do a little research and you will see. I bet you I sell it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well let's see, I think we have all been doing our research scratching our heads on this one and the jury is not still out on this one!!

I hardly think of any 1981 anything as an "antique."

kx250rider
02-15-2010, 09:55 AM
That guy is full of bologna. I bought one of those brand-new in '81 at the May Company, and it was $1695.00. I still have the receipt. Last one I saw for sale on CL went for $25, if it went at all.

Charles

Sandy G
02-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Yeah, but, but, but.....It's got FREE SHIPPING !!! What a guy !

bgadow
02-15-2010, 10:14 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220556847862&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR4 0%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D22055684786 2%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

So, if he doesn't sell it via ebay he is going to sell it to a museum? Wow! I better grab it before Steve McVoy does!

radiotvnut
02-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Several years ago, I tossed a similar mitsubishi and I've turned down several free ones over the years. When I was taking electronics courses at the local community college from '99-'01, there was a Panasonic of this type in the classroom that someone had left there. One day, my instructor got tired of it sitting there and I helped him load it in the back of his truck to be hauled off. I think he was actually taking it to one of his former students who had worked on it while he was taking the course.

Actually, the first big screen that I remember seeing, around '83, was like this.

wa2ise
02-16-2010, 12:23 AM
For that kind of money you could get a flattie like one of those that kid destroyed at some Wal-Mart a week ago...

Eric H
02-16-2010, 12:29 AM
"THIS IS A CED TV"

Is that anything like an LCD TV?

Honestly, even if it's RCA's first color projector set it still wouldn't be worth more than a couple hundred dollars IMO.

sampson159
02-16-2010, 09:32 AM
i passed on one of these sets last year.have to admit,i did want it.it had a surprisingly good picture.they offered it for 50.00.saw a muntz two years ago that was in good shape.i think they wanted it out of their home.the early units were allright but seldom had what you would call a bright picture.this one might be worth 100.00 at best.just not a real desirable set.he should take it to antique roadshow.they will put a huge value on it and give a 10 minute disertation on how techniquically advanced it was.this unit was on the first space shuttle,etc.good luck moving this one.

kx250rider
02-16-2010, 11:29 AM
"THIS IS A CED TV"

Is that anything like an LCD TV?

Honestly, even if it's RCA's first color projector set it still wouldn't be worth more than a couple hundred dollars IMO.

AND it's not even their first... The first was (if I'm correct) the PGR-100WR, and the one for sale is PJR-100WR. A year or two later.

Now to give a little credit, these are disappearing fast. You used to see a row of front projection sets lying around the back of any TV shop. Gone now. It'll be like the roundie color sets. The 1000s (LITERALLY) of roundies that I "made fit" in trash cans with the use of a 12-lb demolition hammer as a teenager................ And I mean working ones in nice shape that nobody'd buy, or even take free. Now put one on eBay and watch it skyrocket.

Charles

ChrisW6ATV
02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Free shipping... It could be worth it then. "I live in the mountains of Afghanistan, near the Pakistan border. When will it arrive?"

Sandy G
02-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Chris- You are an Evil, evil man...I love it !! Hehehehehehe...

Eric H
02-16-2010, 04:28 PM
There was an early Mitsu Projector with the fold out mirror, curved screen and all, working and in good shape, in a thrift a few blocks from me for $99, the store went out of business and it was still there a week before they closed.

I probably could have got it for a song but it was too big for me to fit in the house anymore, even though for a projector set it was pretty compact.