View Full Version : That pink Zenith heatsink paste

devoid
11-27-2009, 11:10 PM
We all know that stuff. Messy as hell but seemed to never dry up. Can it still be had? I'd like to try using some.

radiotvnut
11-27-2009, 11:35 PM
I don't know if it's still around but I know it was used at least from the mid '70's on up until the end of Zenith. Zenith had the pink stuff and RCA had the blue stuff.

kx250rider
11-28-2009, 11:21 AM
You'd get a small tube of it when you ordered the Zenith 121-831 horizontal output kit, and I'm sure it could be ordered alone as well. I use white compound, which is made by GC in a pink tube. It doesn't dry up either, as far as I have seen. I bet there are a few of those Zenith mini-squeeze tubes of the pink stuff in the bottom of every tube caddy in the USA.

Charles

devoid
11-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Ah, yes, I remember those tubes of it now that you mention it. I've seen them somewhere a long time ago. Nostalgia mostly but I thought it might be better than the boutique CPU grease the PC people say has to be used. Just fixed a PS3 and xbox360 that asked for it. I do have a big tube of white Chemtronics that's pretty good but it tends to separate some times.

Reece
11-28-2009, 08:20 PM
I had got some at Radio Shack some years ago. They still list it in a tube a lot smaller than the one I had bought.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102858