View Full Version : On/Off volume control

andrefranc
11-25-2009, 06:37 AM
I have a transistor radio and it doesn't come on right away and then after a minute or so it starts to work. I discovered the problem is with the on/off switch as when it is not coming on I can short the switch out and it comes right on. I tried washing the switch out but still doesn't work. Where can I get another one of these little switches? It is about 3/4 the size of a dime and I think the pot is about 5K ohm. Thanks for any help.

Reece
11-26-2009, 09:14 PM
To get the right one for your radio might be a problem, both electrical and mechanical fit. I looked for some on line with no luck. Looked in my stash and found a couple of little pots but wrong ohms and no switch. I was assuming this a thumbwheel dial control? Sometimes the switch contacts are exposed on these. You might do better having a close look to see if a contact or spring is a little worn and needs a watchmaker's touch (yours) to adjust it just a little so it makes contact. If you could post a close up of the pot/switch it would help, with a ruler alongside or else post exact dimensions. Somebody might recognize one they have in their parts bin.