View Full Version : UHF Converter

jeyurkon
10-21-2009, 11:15 PM
A vintage UHF converter for those who collect them. I'm not tempted yet. Maybe I'll use a Agilent Blonder Tongue modulator and set for a UHF channel. That would seem a bit silly though.

http://www.webidz.com/auction_details.php?auction_id=1722164

John

Tubejunke
10-22-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't collect them. Actually, I have thrown away a few. But now I am considering obtaining one, since there is still one UHF station here broadcasting over the air instead of that digital B.S.

Tubejunke
10-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Cool auction site, by the way. I wasn't aware of it. Nice looking converter too..

jr_tech
11-01-2009, 10:16 PM
I just scored a fairly nice RCA U70, which is in a wooden cabinet. It seems to be a more substantial design than most, having a 2 stage "IF" amp which appears to be tuned to ch 5 following the 1N82 mixer diode. It has the usual set of three 300 ohm terminals in the back; "VHF antenna", "UHF antenna" and output to set. The odd thing is that it also has what appears to be an "SMA" connector labeled simply "UHF" on the back very close to the UHF tuner. I can get a UHF signal through the converter ONLY by using the SMA connector.
At one time there appeared to be a thread about this converter on the old AudioKarma site, but I can't seem to get to it... Any suggestions? Any info would be helpful.:yes:

jr