View Full Version : Can't find schematic for '49 Westinghouse H-604T10

nocal95628
10-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm new to this forum and wonder if one of you old hands at vintage TV repair/restoration can help me out finding the schematic/service data for my 1949 Westinghouse 10" TV model H-604T10 with a B13096 chassis. I downloaded a Sams Photofact folder #99-1 but only has a "preliminary" schematic which doesn't agree with my set's tube layout----mine uses a 12AU7/6BQ6/6W4 in the horizontal sweep circuit altho the Sams Photofact shows a pair of 7C5s in place of the 6BQ6. I would sure appreciate any help you could send my way as I'd sure love to get this set working---all I have now is a 1/2" wide vertical line on the CRT. Thanks in advance! Harry

Charlie
10-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I've always read about the very few models that could lose the horizontal without losing high voltage... but this is the first time I've seen it without it being in an old TV repair book! Interesting!

Charlie
10-09-2009, 11:12 PM
My old sams index shows the same info you got online for that model. Did you happen to put a meter across the horizontal section of the yoke to make sure the winding isn't open?

nocal95628
10-10-2009, 11:28 AM
No, Charlie, haven't tried that yet. Thanks for the tip!

Harry

Eric H
10-10-2009, 01:15 PM
The only sets I've seen that can do that are ones with no Flyback, like Electrostatics or other sets with an RF High Voltage supply.

This is kind of basic but are you certain no one has rotated the yoke on that set, or wired it in with the windings swapped around?
It would make a whole lot more sense if the vertical was flat instead of the Horiz.

Tim
10-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Harry:

I have a Westinghouse book with '49-'53 schematics. The schematic for your chassis has that tube lineup. I can scan it tomorrow and e-mail it to you. Please PM me with your e-mail address.

nocal95628
10-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Pretty sure the yoke is wired correctly. Whan i rotate the vertical pot, I get roll indications. I'm going to test for an open horiz yoke deflection coil tonite thans to a suggestion from Charlie. Thanks for the response. HB

freakaftr8
10-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Hey Harry, it's Shawn from Folsom, did you get that set figured out yet? Wishing you luck on it, im dealing with a possible bad yoke on a 70 Zenith 20BC50 color chassis at the moment..

Sounds like you have vertical lock with vertical hold and you can see this huh? I think you can test for open windings easier than testing for a shorted winding.. Do you have a FBT and yoke ringer? I ordered one off fleebay, if you need to borrow it after I test a yoke here, let me know

Shawn

nocal95628
10-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi Shawn----no, I haven't gotten around to testing the horizontal sweep circuit yet---Westinghouse made this set really hard to get to the components & the yoke is hardwired into the chassis so I'll have to unsolder the leads to test for open/shorted yoke. Ditto for the elctrolytic caps, hard to get to to test. Thanks for the offer to borrow your yoke tester---make take you up on it. Good luck on your set!

Harry