View Full Version : Poltergeist in my neighborhood!!! OMG!

Kamakiri
09-26-2009, 06:35 AM
So I was over at the neighbors last night, their boys were playing with mine, had a couple beers around a backyard campfire, and the one guy two doors down was telling me that he was digging in his yard doing some gardening (he just moved in about 6 months ago), and hit a hard stone.

He dug down, and it was something that looked like a pitchers mound. Kept digging and found that in his yard was buried a FRIGGIN GRAVESTONE :eek:

The guy had died at age 68, in August of 1850. I thought it was cool as heck, and said "hey, I'll give you $20 for it". He said, sure! But then I thought, OMG, there's gonna be haints around that headstone, and I don't need the haint of old Rufus White hangin around my house, Halloween a comin or not!

GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!! TWO DOORS DOWN FROM ME!!!! AAAHHHHHH!!!! Freaks me right out! If I was him, I'd be sellin in a HURRY!

And no I didn't buy it! But I had to share this freakish tale this morning with my friends here :)

Sandy G
09-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Over Yonder they're kinda making fun of this-But I've read/heard of a couple actual cases, & trust me, if you've actually BEEN THRU one, it ain't NOTHING to laugh about.

Einar72
09-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Might there be his bones under it... just a thought :jawdrop:

Kamakiri
09-28-2009, 09:08 AM
An interesting sort-of post script to this......

My son was telling me that a friend of his a street away has two of them buried in his yard.....a man and a woman that died. They re-buried them in their yard because they just didn't want to know any more, and figured if they were there, they'd just rest in peace.

Now think about this......when you die and are buried, don't you "rent" the ground for 99 years? The guy on that stone died in 1850, and my house was built in 1951......and across the main road a couple blocks down, is one of the largest cemetaries in Buffalo.

Hm. Maybe I oughtta go out and get a ouija board for the next neighborhood suaret :p

Sandy G
09-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Absolutely NO. I've had a few VERY bad experiences w/Ouija boards. There is prolly nothing to them, but OTOH, if there IS, you could be grabbing a Tiger by the Tail...

Einar72
09-28-2009, 12:24 PM
As Dana Carvey would say:

Could it be....SATAN?

freakaftr8
10-17-2009, 12:43 AM
2nd that, Ouija boards for me are a big no no!

Seems to start fun and all and usually ends up scary as heck.. AAAAHHHH I see things moving just thinking about it.. Dude those headstones are a trip. Our neighborhood is built over a cemetary that has been relocated.. My neighbors swear thier houses are haunted.. I have seen a few things here (im not wierd so dont worry) but it is kinda eeiry.

Absolutely NO. I've had a few VERY bad experiences w/Ouija boards. There is prolly nothing to them, but OTOH, if there IS, you could be grabbing a Tiger by the Tail...

AUdubon5425
10-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Excepting one block of the French Quarter that was the original city cemetery in the 1700's, I'm pretty sure we didn't build neighborhoods over dedicated cemeteries here in New Orleans. A street in at least one instance, but no "Poltergeist" type situations. One of the Superdome's parking garages sits on the site of a cemetery that was decommissioned some years before construction began.

Yet, we have "Haunted History" tours abound. Very little history is involved though. I've overheard different tour guides tell different stories about the same property.

Personally, I'd welcome an army of ghosts to avenge the bastardization of the French Quarter and put an end to the "drunken dumbass" paradise it has become.