View Full Version : Classic photos of... OURSELVES! Come on... get involved here!

Charlie
09-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Been diggin thru old photos today... wow I came across some doozies! It got me to wondering... how many of us have photos of ourselves from way back when... photos that we would normally keep hidden from the rest of our family and the general public???

Come on... I know you guys got some! Don't be shy! Let's see how bad they get!!! This has the potential of being quite interesting!

Here's one I found of myself from summer 1988... I was 19, and on a trip to West Texas at the time (not alot out there). We were in the Davis Mountains, and made a visit to the McDonald Observatory... kinda neat.

This shot was taken near a cliff. I'm SHOCKED to think that it was normal to wear cordury shorts that short!!! I think they were OP's. Was that like Daisy Dukes for guys or what???? Didn't Magnum PI wear something similar???

Sandy G
09-25-2009, 05:18 PM
I have been fat 'n' ugly all my life. Now, I'm STILL ugly, but not quite as fat, but I have made up for losing weight by developing a remarkably churlish, sour, & dispeptic attitude...I was an Old Man when I was 15....

bgadow
09-25-2009, 10:10 PM
With a face like this, how could I worry about embarassing myself? I have the perfect photo for this, but this ain't it. Someday I'll find that one...for now, here is me, resting, at a high school dance, 89/90. Happy days! What's that, they're gonna play "Monie Monie" again? Let's go!
(I took the liberty of cropping out my high school sweetheart, who doesn't deserve to be seen with a guy like this!)
(note: photo is bw 'cause this was a reject from the yearbook. I wonder why?)

Oh, and Charlie, at that time I thought Daytonas were very cool. I would have taken one over any F-body or Mustang, at least back then.

zenith2134
09-28-2009, 03:05 PM
I wish I could get involved, but I am a mere young'n and there really aren't any old pics of me yet.

Charlie
09-28-2009, 03:25 PM
But you are wrong, Tom. I'm sure there's some photo of you from when you were much younger... one of those that you'd be afraid of someone breaking out while all the relatives are around.

Picture this... my Mom has one of my kid brother when he was about four. At the time, one of our labs had a litter of puppies. My kid brother was caught getting in the box with the puppies... trying to nurse off the mother!!! Of course, we had a Instamatic 126 on hand and got a shot! For years, we threatened him that we'd show this to any girl he brought over!

At that time, even as a 4 year old, Kennie's argument was that it must have been good because all nine puppies were fighting over the same thing! That's why he got involved. Not a bad excuse for a 4 yr old! I'll have to check with my mother to see if she still has that photo. If Kennie's found it since then, he might have burned it!

Of course, Kennie wants to kill me everytime I bring up that story!

So, Tom..... there's got to be something laying around that would be worth sharing!

Dan Starnes
09-28-2009, 04:06 PM
9/6/1980 wedding day for me and the Mrs. Dude getting in the drivers door is my little brother. That is me and the wife in the white,, pure innocence. That is my nephew with his hand raised wanting to go along for the gettaway ride. Same car, same wife,, I am worn out.

zenith2134
09-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Charlie, LOL, in 1989 I was 1 and a half.... And yeah Mom likes to break out the pictures right when i've got a lady friend over ... "Oh, how CUTE" (Ahhh!!!!) :D There's one of me, age 2 or so in front of my dad's 27" Trinitron which he still watches to this day. It was a 1987 model, mono with an outboard sony MPX adapter, OSD, and IR remote... weighs a freakin ton too. Only had the back off once when me and him reduced the horizontal width a bit.

Anyway, here's one taken in 2006. I was very drunk that day since it was a house party. That's why I like so happy/odd...lol.

Eric H
09-28-2009, 07:14 PM
OK, this is old enough to not be too embarrassing.

It's 1964, you can probably guess the date.

The woman by the door is my Mom, the guy in the chair is my Uncle, I'm the kid with the bowl haircut.

Check out the Coke box with the fishtail logo and also our 59 GE Television just visible on the left.

bandersen
09-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Here's me working on my train layout in 1982 and in high school science class a couple years later. I won a science award all 4 years - what a dork :)

Charlie
09-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Is that one of those anodized aluminum glasses there to your left? Those were cool... I have two complete sets of those. Yeah, I'm a dork today. :D

Ampico-kid
09-29-2009, 12:15 AM
I've been debating whether or not to expose myself to public ridicule by showing the attached photo taken at my Junior Prom on May 31, 1969 at the ripe old age of 17. So I opted to show it, but to protect my "date's" anonimity on the very unlikely chance she might see or hear about this posting.

I guess it's pretty evident that I too fall into that well populated category (at least around here) of "dork". I believe in my high school days we were referred to as "nerds". And of coarse we all had to belong to the AV dept. to make it official.

So young and so innocent....well...I was young.....

Bob

bandersen
09-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Is that one of those anodized aluminum glasses there to your left? Those were cool... I have two complete sets of those. Yeah, I'm a dork today. :D

Dunno - too long ago to remember.

I can't really recall my friends and I being referred to as anything back then. Maybe those cool, smart guys :scratch2:
Revenge of the Nerds came out around then, but we weren't nearly as 'nerdy' as those characters :)

Eric H
09-29-2009, 11:56 PM
This my friends is a Nerd!
Some of you may know who it is, no it's not me! :D

http://14.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kopk3nljsn1qzfkwlo1_500.png

Charlie
09-30-2009, 10:57 AM
... my parents wouldn't allow me to go outside without a bag over my face! :yikes:

Yes, that's me... prolly about 11 or 12 years old. For those of us that did not have satellite TV w/3000 channels, internet, xbox360, or ipods to keep us entertained, we actually went outside and did stuff! Apparently, for me that day, I was EASILY entertained with a simple paper bag! :D

I remember that old bike... kinda bent and banged up... but when you got going down the street, the combination of the various squeeks, scrapes, and rattles would get a cool rhythm going... almost like a chitty-chitty-bang-bang type beat. :yes:

The next photo is me at 14 years old... with one of our Pekingese... sittin on the back of our old Dodge.

Sandy G
09-30-2009, 03:34 PM
(Grabs tie & rolls eyes) When I was a kid, I was UGLY ! Oooooh, I was UGLY !! My old man shaved my butt 'n' taught me to walk backwards...When I was born, the Doc slapped my mother...My mother, she was no help, either-When I was a baby, I was breast fed by my father..My mother said she liked me as a friend...That's the story of my life-I Don't Get No Respect, No Respect at all, I tell ya....(Wipes brow, rolls eyes again, & fools w/tie some more...)

Chad Hauris
09-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Here is a picture of me when I was about 15 years old. This is a laser-operated oscilloscope that I made which would project up on to a screen.

bgadow
09-30-2009, 10:32 PM
I sure never got that far with a science project! The best was helping a friend of mine with an idea he had. He knew what he wanted but didn't know how to wire it up. It involved giving a cockroach 2 paths to walk. (our hs was plagued with the critters) One would shock him. I forget how I rigged that up...not well, probably (I used to use a LOT of masking tape in my electrical work at that time!) But, it did work! Thing was, we were in different classes so I didn't get any credit. I did try rigging up a similiar thing in my class using an old hose-type hair dryer to see what the cockroach thought of that. Never did get very far with those plans.

Findm-Keepm
10-01-2009, 07:53 PM
With a face like this, how could I worry about embarassing myself?

Hey! You look like Bill Gates at a young age!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Fa-NqGm0-Lk/RnQZ1ouC_4I/AAAAAAAAAOY/J2fPH_sBePo/s400/bill5.jpg

bgadow
10-01-2009, 09:21 PM
I'll be darned...where did I go wrong?

bandersen
10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
...I'm SHOCKED to think that it was normal to wear cordury shorts that short!!! I think they were OP's. Was that like Daisy Dukes for guys or what???? Didn't Magnum PI wear something similar???

Ah, yes. Short-shorts for guys. Often accompanied by knee high socks :)

bgadow
10-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Okay, finally found this photo I was looking for. This is pitiful, just plain hopeless. Look at this poor soul: bad hair, oversized glasses, braces, and man, those clothes! What a wreck!

I am displaying an electrified folder (!) that I had made. It has curtains (!!) and 2 "rooms", one with an electric fan (!!!) including a pot for a "speed control" and a second room with a light and another pot for "dimmer switch". I couldn't solder so it was all held together with masking tape. This must have been 11th grade.

The following year I was the only boy left in Honor's English. Every 1st period class decorated their door for Christmas so the girls had me replicate much of what I did on the notebook in a display on the door. Looked a lot better than what is in the photo.

For you young guys tuning in to this, see, you can amount to something despite your current awkwardness!

batterymaker
10-26-2009, 08:39 AM
September 1977.

Just after I saw Star Wars.

The lightsaber "blade" is a Hoover vacuum cleaner crevice tool.

I was only 10 years old.

In plaid Toughskins.

Ish....:D

AUdubon5425
10-28-2009, 04:32 AM
I believe this was taken on my birthday in 1982. Green shag carpeting, AFL/NFL curtains that matched my bedspread and a bank that resembled a giant vermouth bottle (there was another one advertising a scotch under the second window.) (Dad was a manager at a liquor company.)

That record player in the background would soon be replaced by a Dorchester stereo (made in Canada) with a turntable, tuner and a cassette. Quite a step up for a seven year old. Although by this time I was playing my 45's on the Magnavox Astro-Sonic in the dining room whenever I could.

I'd sure like to know what brand that little record player in the picture was.

Ohighway
10-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Here's me at age 7, "inspecting" the footers on the house my parents were building.

Charlie
10-28-2009, 09:23 AM
MAN.... GREEN SHAG CARPET! Wow we missed out on that growing up! We had hardwood floors and didn't get carpet till I was almost out of high school... by then, green shag was way way out of style.

However, a girlfriend of mine had some serious green shag in her room at home, and the adjacent room to her's had red shag!

Today, I would consider getting green shag for at least one room.

Charlie
10-28-2009, 09:27 AM
ya know, it sure was handy that they were putting dates on photos back then. Nowadays, they put them on the back of photos, but, there for a while during the 70's and 80's, I don't remember getting any film developed that included a date stamp of any sort.

Celt
10-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Here's 1.5 year old me (December, 1957) by the tee-vee set. Dig the little RCA 45 record player on top! Can you name that set?

http://videokarma.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=165351&d=1256743487

Charlie
10-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Motorola?

In that photo, you're thinking, "Oh boy! Lookie here! I've found lots of knobs to turn!" :D

Celt
10-29-2009, 11:15 AM
I remember back then that the stations (all three of them!) signed on in the morning, did the news, showed a few hours of re-runs (I Love Lucy, December Bride, etc.) and then signed off until late afternoon. The three stations we had in our viewing area back then were WREC-3 CBS, WMC-5 NBC and WHBQ 13 ABC, all in Memphis.

kx250rider
11-06-2009, 11:58 AM
This is tough to put up, but here it is.... 17 year-old tech nerd! Skinny arms, round belly, fake Izod shirt & all.

Charles

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/kx250racer/Charlesat17nerdly.jpg

And at 22.....

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/kx250racer/CharleswithScottQuaranta1988.jpg

Charlie
11-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Charles, don't feel bad about that fake Izod shirt! Until just now, I've never heard of one!! At first, i thought it was just some 80's thing that got past me (you and I are about the same age I think). When I googled it, come to find out they still makem' and I was completely oblivious!

Even today at 40, my mother and younger sister still buy me the majority of my shirts as I do not care for clothes shopping at all.

bandersen
11-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Wow! What are you standing next to ?
That's a very 80s looking t-shirt :D

leadlike
11-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Charles, for 17, you didn't look nearly as awkward as so many other do at that (or any) age. I wish I had that much muscle (on what you refer to as "skinny" arms) then, or even now, really. I believe you are standing next to the only complete example of a Scott Quaranta in the 2nd pic?

Sandy G
11-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Scott Quaranta....Mmmmmmmmm....(Best Homer Simpson imitation here...)

kx250rider
11-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Charles, for 17, you didn't look nearly as awkward as so many other do at that (or any) age. I wish I had that much muscle (on what you refer to as "skinny" arms) then, or even now, really. I believe you are standing next to the only complete example of a Scott Quaranta in the 2nd pic?

Thanks for the ego boost! And you're correct; that's the Quaranta in the hands of the collector in Northern California. (the Scott guys know who I mean, but I don't want to blab too much). Not sure if that's still the only complete one; as Roy Burnett was 98% done putting his together when he passed away a few years ago. The other people involved in the project were to continue, as far as I know.

That's a very 80s looking t-shirt :D

OP Pro surfing finals at Huntington Beach, CA; 1988

Charles

bandersen
09-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Bump. Maybe newer members can join in ?

AUdubon5425
09-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Pretty sure I was 16 in this one - sitting on my first car, an AMC Ambassador.

David Roper
09-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Nobody fingered Celt's set as a Hallicrafters? Those are combo sets with AM radio and phono input, but the 45 player in that pic looks like it's self contained.

I guess everybody's more focused on the human subjects. I see a lot of nice looking kids here, I think those who have posted pics are being way too hard on themselves! Submitted for your disapproval then is yours truly from a photo shoot for grandma wearing my first suit. I guess I must have been about 3....

Dave S
09-05-2010, 11:03 PM
1969 chic: corduroy suit, paisley tie and a cowlick. And a member of the A/V club! How much more un-cool can you get?

http://www.njarc.org/images/Sica1970b.jpg
from "Rearview Mirror (http://www.njarc.org/rearviewmirror.html)," a feature we run on the New Jersey club website showcasing embarrassing photos of members in their earlier lives.

Celt
10-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Thought I'd give this old one a bump.

radiotron
10-16-2012, 09:23 PM
... my parents wouldn't allow me to go outside without a bag over my face! :yikes:

Yes, that's me... prolly about 11 or 12 years old. For those of us that did not have satellite TV w/3000 channels, internet, xbox360, or ipods to keep us entertained, we actually went outside and did stuff! Apparently, for me that day, I was EASILY entertained with a simple paper bag! :D

I remember that old bike... kinda bent and banged up... but when you got going down the street, the combination of the various squeeks, scrapes, and rattles would get a cool rhythm going... almost like a chitty-chitty-bang-bang type beat. :yes:

The next photo is me at 14 years old... with one of our Pekingese... sittin on the back of our old Dodge.

ive got one old bike left i ride, a 1951 schwinn used to have more about 10 more, but this is the last
i get out, and do stuff to no telephone radio, and tv better be tubetype!
i love to ride my bike for hours, but no old photos, im only 12! :D

radiotron
10-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Here's 1.5 year old me (December, 1957) by the tee-vee set. Dig the little RCA 45 record player on top! Can you name that set?

http://videokarma.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=165351&d=1256743487

looks like a philco?:scratch2:

snelson903
10-17-2012, 02:14 AM
i have a few pictures i think scaned ,ill have look around for more recent ones later . the first is me 1975 at 11 yrs old working with my dad on his 1962 olds starfire,found another pic at 15 i think with the car ,third pic me and my wife 1985.

David Roper
10-17-2012, 04:42 AM

Go fish. :D

Actually, it's a bit of a tough one. It's a Hallicrafters combo (has AM like your Admiral), probably from 1951. It looks like one of the 178-- series.

radiotron
10-17-2012, 06:35 AM

http://videokarma.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=165351&d=1256743487[/

hes sitting there like my young cousins LOADS OF KNOBS TO TURN
thell get the vertical, horizontal messed up to the point where its really hard to adjust :nono:

Sandy G
10-17-2012, 07:27 AM
i have a few pictures i think scaned ,ill have look around for more recent ones later . the first is me 1975 at 11 yrs old working with my dad on his 1962 olds starfire,found another pic at 15 i think with the car ,third pic me and my wife 1985.

In yr Wedding Pic, you kinda look like/remind me of Steve Perry...(grin) Me, I get mistaken for Stephen King all the time...People stop me in malls 'n' stuff 'n' tell me that...I agree, & give 'em a BIG Homicidal Laugh..."MBWAHAHAHAHAHA..."

Charlie
10-17-2012, 08:18 AM

I think that's cool that your dad drove a Starfire! That's one of those cars you don't see often. I've been wanting to get and Olds Starfire or Eighty-Eight... but I want a 1965 model.

snelson903
10-17-2012, 08:28 AM
In yr Wedding Pic, you kinda look like/remind me of Steve Perry...(grin) Me, I get mistaken for Stephen King all the time...People stop me in malls 'n' stuff 'n' tell me that...I agree, & give 'em a BIG Homicidal Laugh..."MBWAHAHAHAHAHA..."

oh man i guess that must have been true than, thats why my wife liked me she said , she like journey and thats who she thought i looked like for yrs.:tears: i was the AC/DC, van halen type of guy though.

snelson903
10-17-2012, 08:44 AM
I think that's cool that your dad drove a Starfire! That's one of those cars you don't see often. I've been wanting to get and Olds Starfire or Eighty-Eight... but I want a 1965 model.

that starfire was a hell of a car , it was a fire job he paid 15 dollars for. an old lady drove that up here from the deep south ,and it started a fire under the hood from the old style glass filter bowl , it was towed to the olds dealership where my dad worked from 57 to 90,they where going to haul it to the junk yard and my told her he will pay 10.00 more than the junk yard will for the car ,they offered her 5.00 bucks for it ,then spent 2 yrs on his spare time restoring it ,even in 75 the parts were getting hard to find for it then,esp moldings.

Winky Dink
10-18-2012, 11:12 PM
The last time I wore a tie voluntarily. Meeting the girlfriend's parents (future in-laws) in 1969.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-o29Zk2buYDw/UIDQNHIseRI/AAAAAAAAKKI/X0GO_ngQOqU/s640/American%2520U%25201969.jpg

- Winky

Charlie
10-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Looks like a 68 Plymouth behind you?

Reece
10-19-2012, 07:41 AM
Me dressed like the campesinos while on a project in the mountains of Guatemala.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/wrnewton/DadGuatemala2.jpg

snelson903
10-19-2012, 10:04 AM
I have been fat 'n' ugly all my life. Now, I'm STILL ugly, but not quite as fat, but I have made up for losing weight by developing a remarkably churlish, sour, & dispeptic attitude...I was an Old Man when I was 15....

oh now come on sandy you got to show a picture of yourself ,i dont think we holding a any looks contest . no one ever thinks they look great thats normal , normal people dont stare at themselves in a mirror oogaling themselves over there looks, cant you tell we are all showing pic's that are 20 plus yrs old ,plus how are we going to know who you are at the big show at museum in the spring.

Harvestman
10-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Lookin' so fine in 2009...NOT!

http://i.imgur.com/dbasRl.jpg

Charlie
10-20-2012, 01:01 AM
Reece, were you shooting an old western movie that day?? :D

Winky Dink
10-20-2012, 03:33 AM
Charlie,
I thought someone might notice the car. I don't know whose car it is, but it certainly looks plymouth.

Reece
10-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Reece, were you shooting an old western movie that day?? :D

That's what it looks like, Pilgrim, but that's pretty much what we wore: it was a sanitation project for indigenous people in the highlands. Guatemala is in Central America, of course, and the coasts are tropical, but up in the mountains at night we froze.

old_tv_nut
10-20-2012, 06:24 PM

Here's a little color adjustment for you.

Celt
10-20-2012, 06:58 PM

Actually, it was a Hallicrafters! :yes:

Sandy G
10-20-2012, 07:33 PM
oh now come on sandy you got to show a picture of yourself ,i dont think we holding a any looks contest . no one ever thinks they look great thats normal , normal people dont stare at themselves in a mirror oogaling themselves over there looks, cant you tell we are all showing pic's that are 20 plus yrs old ,plus how are we going to know who you are at the big show at museum in the spring.

I'm SO UGLY my old man taught me to shave my butt & walk backwards...When I was a kid, I was so ugly, they only had NEGATIVES of me..When I was born, I was so ugly, the Doc slapped my mother...The Nurse cut the umbilical cord & then hung herself with it...I never had no luck w/girls, either, I was so ugly...This one girl told me to come over to her house one night at 7.30, she said there'd be no one there...I went over there at 7.30, she was right, there was no one there..And I went to a Tough school, a REAL Tough School...The teacher asked this one kid to describe the law of gravity..The kid threw him outta the window...The English teacher asked this one kid, "What comes after a Sentence ? The kid piped up,"You make an Appeal..." Only school I know of that the school newspaper had an Obituary Column in it...Tough section of town, too...I asked a cop once how long it took to walk downtown...Cop sad,"I dunno, Kid, so far, no one's ever made it"...

snelson903
10-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Here's a little color adjustment for you.

wow that cleaned up nice, thats what the color of the car was i remembered

snelson903
10-20-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm SO UGLY my old man taught me to shave my butt & walk backwards...When I was a kid, I was so ugly, they only had NEGATIVES of me..When I was born, I was so ugly, the Doc slapped my mother...The Nurse cut the umbilical cord & then hung herself with it...I never had no luck w/girls, either, I was so ugly...This one girl told me to come over to her house one night at 7.30, she said there'd be no one there...I went over there at 7.30, she was right, there was no one there..And I went to a Tough school, a REAL Tough School...The teacher asked this one kid to describe the law of gravity..The kid threw him outta the window...The English teacher asked this one kid, "What comes after a Sentence ? The kid piped up,"You make an Appeal..." Only school I know of that the school newspaper had an Obituary Column in it...Tough section of town, too...I asked a cop once how long it took to walk downtown...Cop sad,"I dunno, Kid, so far, no one's ever made it"...

at least not as ugly enough to scare a buzzared off a rail fence ,you didnt mention that one . lol::D

Reece
10-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Sandy, is that a Rodney Dangerfield routine? How about the lady who told her friend:

Lady: "I lost 250 pounds of ugly fat!"
Friend: "How did you do it??"
Lady: "I divorced him."

Sandy G
10-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Sandy, is that a Rodney Dangerfield routine? How about the lady who told her friend:

Lady: "I lost 250 pounds of ugly fat!"
Friend: "How did you do it??"
Lady: "I divorced him."

Uhh, yeah, just channelling my Inner Rodney...Hey,if you're gonna steal, at least steal from the BEST...(grin)

snelson903
10-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Uhh, yeah, just channelling my Inner Rodney...Hey,if you're gonna steal, at least steal from the BEST...(grin)

sandy doesnt get know respected

tvtimeisfun
10-21-2012, 05:10 PM
the first picture is me at work at bosma industries for the blind making brooms in 1984 when i was 21
the second picture is me playing the guitar in 1991 when i was 27

Sandy G
10-21-2012, 05:43 PM
sandy doesnt get know respected

...Yeah, when I was a baby I was Breast-Fed by my Father...My Mother said she liked me as a friend...(Bugs eyes, pulls on tie, sweats profusely...)

snelson903
10-21-2012, 06:11 PM
...Yeah, when I was a baby I was Breast-Fed by my Father...My Mother said she liked me as a friend...(Bugs eyes, pulls on tie, sweats profusely...)

now ! i dont need that picture in my mind AAH

Ohighway
10-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Me on my mom's lap. Mother's day ..... May 13, 1956.

http://videokarma.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=176648&d=1350919632

tdst51
10-28-2012, 03:44 AM
Me on my mom's lap. Mother's day ..... May 13, 1956.

http://www.videokarma.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=176648&stc=1&d=1350919632

Cool socks your dad has on! :smoke:

Dangler
12-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Found this today while going through pictures.

That's me and my little buddy "Yeng" in Quang Nai province, Viet Nam in April of '69. I think it was at LZ Dottie. I had just turned 19 a few months back.
Yeng was somewhat of a little con artist always bumming cigarettes. He was also my supplier for pot and Obesitol. I'm sure you Nam vets remember Obesitol.

My, how time flies, it seems like yesterday!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Dan

Charlie
12-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Dan, it kinda makes you wonder what became of that little kid... and where he is now. Probably quite the roller today! :D

Dangler
12-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Dan, it kinda makes you wonder what became of that little kid... and where he is now. Probably quite the roller today! :D

I was thinking about that, wondering if he's still alive or what. Things have changed a lot since I was there 43 years ago, but there are still villages of grass and bamboo huts.
The Papasans tending rice fields with water buffalo, the old men and women chewing beetle nut and heeding natures call along the side of the road. That's the way I'll aways remember it.

Telecolor 3007
12-26-2012, 09:40 PM
- I liked phones since I was a kid (not quyte since I was a kid...)
- And another one from that period... I tryed to contact the girl ... but one of the neiboughrs (she's a woman) still living there proved to be a mean woman (she talled me that she is going to give me more details about her's parents - they live in France - I don't know if she and her's husband are still in Romania or they've left too) but after that she upset on me... she tolled my grandmother that I'm buggin her, throu all she was the one that offered to help me!
- In the 3rd one I'm the countryside (where my dad ownes a house), around 1992-1993. The picture is taken in Prahova county, most urbanized, (densly) populated county in Romania and, in the past, the county with the greatest landline (telephone) penetration. I love Prahova county.

And more from chilhood (man, to have color films in Romania before 1990 was something): http://www.flickr.com/photos/49210917@N04/sets/72157623722679067/