View Full Version : Score part 2. 1948 RCA projection TV

ticntoc
09-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I have yet to get the original reciept for this, but she does have it. I have not plugged any of these in, yet. I was told the RCA does work.

Glenn

bandersen
09-15-2009, 06:12 PM
http://www.jawaspot.com/smilies/eye-popping.gif That's an amazing set and a very serious looking CRT. I'd be very careful around that HV.

zenithfan1
09-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Bob, the CRT looks bigger than it is, there should be a 5TP4 or the like in there pointing at a mirror inside that shroud. You are right about that HV, I think these are a lot higher due to the fact that the CRT has to be so bright. Most of the time the CRT has burned phosphor.

Glenn, Those mirrors are very easy to scratch, be careful if no one has ruined it already. It is expensive to have it resurfaced.
Working or not, recap that thing first. I wouldn't take their word of it working. It may not work long if it does, looks pretty untouched inside. Good luck on a beautiful set!

bandersen
09-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Bob, the CRT looks bigger than it is, there should be a 5TP4 or the like in there pointing at a mirror inside that shroud. You are right about that HV, I think these are a lot higher due to the fact that the CRT has to be so bright. Most of the time the CRT has burned phosphor...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!
I recall a NOS 5TP4 sold on eBay recently so there's hope if this one's burned.