View Full Version : Replica

Eric H
09-07-2004, 01:44 AM
This looks pretty good in the picture, you might think it was a real (old) set at first glance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73374&item=5719349369&rd=1

heathkit tv
09-07-2004, 02:49 AM
The 2 things that instantly jump out at me are the oversized mask around the screen (seems out of proportion with real vintage sets) and the horrendous wood grain which screams plywood to me. He should've at least sanded the living crap out of it and then slobbered a gallon or two of clear coat on top.

But kudos to the builder for getting even that far. I'm lucky if I get around to replacing the roll of toilet paper around here!

Anthony

veg-o-matic
09-07-2004, 01:35 PM
I've seen these in person---at the QVC outlet.

The picture makes it look a LOT better than it does in real life.

Chad Hauris
09-07-2004, 01:43 PM
This looks like the Back to the Future TV in the Doc's garage where they have inserted a modern TV inside an old Admiral case (that one was a tabletop model, though).

Carmine
09-07-2004, 03:27 PM
This is a used piece and the cabinet is scraped, scratched and scuffed, but can easily be refinished.

:( "All the damage and problems of an authentic old TV, with none of the original charm!"

Our home is a pet-friendly home, complete with two Saint Bernards, two cats, a parrot and horses.....so it is impossible to keep all fur, hair, feathers, hoof marks (just kidding) and lint from our clothing. Please do not bid if this will bother you!

In other words the St. Bernard(s) drooled on it, the cats pee'd on it, and the parrot threw seeds in it. God knows what the horse did to it!

maxm
09-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Since it needs a 12V adaptor, (which is not even included :no: ), I'm guessing it uses one of those cheap "modern" Black and White set chassis, which the continous manual tuners. You always see the 5" models, but they also have 10 or 12" models I see sometimes in resale stores...
Seems if they are selling sometihng like this, which probably wasn't cheap when new, thet could put in a color remote chassis, and you could turn off the color for that "vintage" look.