View Full Version : Greetings, moon fans!

Dave S
07-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Today is the fortieth anniversary of the day we saw those amazing television images of man first walking on the moon.

At this past Early Television Convention during a tour of the museum, Stan Lebar who headed the project to develop the camera used to make those pictures offered some behind-the-scenes reminisces about the camera and the moon landing.

I've just published the video of Stan at the Early Television Museum. (I can't think of a more appropriate day to do so than today!)

You can watch it here (http://www.archive.org/details/Stan_Lebar_at_Early_Television_Museum) and it should also be up on the Early Television website soon.

The program begins with a tour of the Early Television Museum and the interview with Stan begins at about 1 hour and 3 minutes in.

It was a real treat to get to meet and talk to this guy. I'm sure you'll enjoy hearing what he has to say in the video.

--Dave Sica

Eric H
07-20-2009, 04:05 PM
A couple days ago I watched the 1989 Documentary "For All Mankind"

It's on a Criterion Blu Ray now and most of the images are outstanding, the filmed stuff is gorgeous, the Video stuff less so but still better than I've ever seen it.

Some of the color footage from the Moon has a rainbow effect so I'm guessing it was some type of Field Sequential system, really amazing considering what was available to them at the time.

Dan Starnes
07-20-2009, 05:05 PM
I remember it oh so well!!

cbenham
07-21-2009, 02:01 AM
Today is the fortieth anniversary of the day we saw those amazing television images of man first walking on the moon.-Dave Sica
I found an appropriate cartoon. #;^)