View Full Version : Color TV on Beverly HillBillys

Zenith26kc20
07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
The episode with Granny watching the roundie was on yesterday. I taped it to still frame the TV. There is no name on the set and the little shown of the knobs gives nearly no hint. I will try to get some pictures of it posted this week.
Also, the credits give no mention of the manufacturer as was common back then.

Aussie Bloke
07-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Hehehehe I remember watching that episode, when there was ocean displayed on the TV the granny thought the TV set was a washing machine hehehehe. I'm taking a punt guess the set would be a Zenith roundie or one of the later RCA roundies made around the 1963-64 era.

julianburke
07-13-2009, 09:32 AM
I believe that set was shown on only one episode. Another time it was seen in the distance.

Dan Starnes
07-13-2009, 05:21 PM
The last time that one was on I thought it was like my RCA,,, 63-64 vintage.

wa2ise
07-13-2009, 11:12 PM
I'd doubt that it was an RCA, as RCA owned the NBC network, and Beverly Hillbillies was on CBS.

sampson159
07-14-2009, 11:17 AM
there were several times that a roundie was shown on the beverly hillbillys. one was a christmas show and they had a rca roundie. the wrestling episode was also rca and another time granny thought the tv was a washing machine. a white french provincial was one of their sets. i have the same one. the douglas s on green acres also had the same ctc15! does anyone remember andy griffiths tv?i think he once had a color set but which one?

rcaman
07-14-2009, 12:05 PM
i believe andy,s was a magnavox. aunt bee won a color set one time and it was a magnavox. steve

David Roper
07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
there were several times that a roundie was shown on the beverly hillbillys. one was a christmas show and they had a rca roundie. the wrestling episode was also rca and another time granny thought the tv was a washing machine. a white french provincial was one of their sets. i have the same one. the douglas s on green acres also had the same ctc15!

Oh no, the TV in the bedroom at Green Acres was definitely a black & white set. That's the only thing I'm certain of (it had the soft corners of a first-generation rectangular screen) but will hazard a guess that it might have been a ~1960 Zenith.

sampson159
07-14-2009, 09:47 PM
i remember that set.in the episode where oliver was bed ridden it was a white rca roundie.i have it on dvd.i think the prop dept had a limited supply of sets and i guess you got what was available.throughout a shows run,many furnishing stays the same(couch,tables,etc.)but it seems the tv gets switched out.i am more in tune to noticing these things now.

sampson159
07-15-2009, 10:50 AM
i stand corrected.watched that episode again and it wasn t a roundie.it was rca,but a rectangular screen.possibly a ctc25?in a couple of earlier ones,the tv looks to be a magnavox?we froze the pic and it does look to be something other than rca.one thing is for sure though-it is that ugly,ugly white cabinet!!!!!!

Oldstuff78
07-16-2009, 09:14 PM
The color french provincial roundie on BH made 2 more appearances I can recall. One was when Granny got addicted to watching TV and became a big fan of a TV cowboy played by Henry Gibson.

Another appearance was in the episode where she argues with the weather girl on TV. It is shown up close, but not the control panel.

I always wondered what type of TV the Brady's had. I was watching episode 2 today from 1969. Jan and Peter were fighting over what chanel to watch and were pushing the "clicker". Greg came in an turned it off. After the argument was settled he turned it back on and you could hear the "click". The remote appeared to have 2 buttons.

wa2ise
07-16-2009, 10:29 PM
I always wondered what type of TV the Brady's had. I was watching episode 2 today from 1969. Jan and Peter were fighting over what channel to watch and were pushing the "clicker". Greg came in an turned it off. After the argument was settled he turned it back on and you could hear the "click". The remote appeared to have 2 buttons.

:yes: I remember a Mad Magazine article "Lighter side of (something)" where a fatehr is being impressed at the advanced technology of his tube color TV. And his wife says "Sure, so we can watch dreck like the Brady Bunch..." :D

KentTeffeteller
07-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Most of the time on The Brady Bunch, you saw Zenith rectangular sets. Usually table model sets.