View Full Version : Saved a rather battered Sears Hybrid

Hemingray
06-06-2009, 10:55 PM
A little B&W Tube/Transistor Hybrid. along with the 12VAMP4 CRT, there's 6 other tubes, including the famous 33GY7 diode/pentode. The audio tube itself is a real oddity, an 11BM8 (High-Mu Triode/Power Pentode in a 9 pin bulb). I had removed the back prior to the photos. The CRT on this set is surprisingly strong after being run for awhile.

The front of it. The Volume/Power and VHF knobs were missing when I got it
http://mp3.afz.biz/~hemingray/akpics/sea1.jpg

The back, showing the tubes, all Sears labeled.
http://mp3.afz.biz/~hemingray/akpics/sea2.jpg

And, A picture without the flash. Giving this old girl a final taste of natural Analog from the rooftop antenna
http://mp3.afz.biz/~hemingray/akpics/sea3.jpg

tgunner
06-07-2009, 12:37 AM
It's neat that it works, but I probably would have left it where I found it...

Tube TV
06-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Cool it got saved !

I got a set somthing like this , but mine is a few years older .
I think the one I have is a 1970 . The yoke is toast on mine , first it was giving me a shorted reading on one of the horizontal windings , and now it's open .
Im going to try one from a transistor set in it and see what happens .

If you look close you will probably find that yours is made by Sanyo .

Hemingray
06-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Mine needs alot of cleaning, inside and out. The 12VAMP4 in it still gives a sharp, bright picture.

Sandy G
06-07-2009, 07:10 AM
"Takes a Lickin'...." (grin)

Hemingray
06-07-2009, 08:39 AM
"Takes a Lickin'...." (grin)

And keeps on a-tickin`. Just need to find some proper knobs for it.

maxm
06-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Sorry to go off topic...
Is that white thing to the right of the set with the back off a CueCat?
I remember when Wired magazine sent me one many years ago, I think I still have it though I never found a use for it.

Hemingray
06-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Sorry to go off topic...
Is that white thing to the right of the set with the back off a CueCat?
I remember when Wired magazine sent me one many years ago, I think I still have it though I never found a use for it.

Why yes it is. search for a program called CatNip to get some use out of it. Makes a geeky yet functional way to enter passwords :thmbsp:

Hemingray
06-07-2009, 12:07 PM
All the tubes in this set appear to be combo tubes (11BM8 = Triode/Pentode for audio amp/output, 33GY7 = Diode/Pentode doing both Horiz. Out and Damper service, etc). There are 5 or so transistors, mostly on the RF and IF circuits.

zenithfan1
06-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I have the volume knob, I already gave away the channel one though. You can have the one I have if you want.

zenithfan1
06-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Cool it got saved !

I got a set somthing like this , but mine is a few years older .
I think the one I have is a 1970 . The yoke is toast on mine , first it was giving me a shorted reading on one of the horizontal windings , and now it's open .
Im going to try one from a transistor set in it and see what happens .

If you look close you will probably find that yours is made by Sanyo .

I have that yoke, it's yours for the cost of shipping.

Hemingray
06-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I have the volume knob, I already gave away the channel one though. You can have the one I have if you want.

Sounds good to me. PM with a shipping address?

Hemingray
06-07-2009, 10:40 PM

Can't seem to PM ya, says your inbox is too full.

Tube TV
06-08-2009, 04:00 AM
I have that yoke, it's yours for the cost of shipping.Wow , that sounds great !:yes:
I'll PM you .:thmbsp:

Tube TV
06-08-2009, 04:07 AM
PM thingy didn't work for me either .....