View Full Version : East TN: Free Dumont Teleset to a good home

qat727
06-05-2009, 01:43 PM
A few years back, my neighbor's cousin was being sent to an assisted living facility. I helped clear out the last of the stuff in the house. One of the last things left was a Dumont Teleset in great condition.

I got it home and tested it. The tubes all checked out as good, sound came out, but all I got was a horizontal line. I determined something in the vertical hold circuit must be dodgy. It got moved to the "to do" pile.

The time to move is approaching, so if I can't eat it and don't use it, it has to leave. So, since I have received so much help from the nice AK'ers, I figured I'd offer it up here before I sent it to the thrift (would hate to see it get turned into a fish tank).

It is located in Oak Ridge, TN 37830, not too far from Knoxville. I'll help load it, but you should probably bring a truck or a van. The only picture I've currently got of it is here:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_lpPJFL0oePg/SMSpgthp7mI/AAAAAAAABaQ/Zr09h63JnZY/s640/IMG_1303.JPG

PM me or reply to the thread if you're interested in it. I'd love to see it go to a good home.

jpdylon
06-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Sandy G is probably not too far from you.....

What say you, Unca Sandy? :D

Ray Sieracki
06-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi, I would be interested in the Dumont and I know how you feel about it getting cut up. My son is traveling thru state and is attending some musical concerts called Bonbaroo in Manchester. Is this any where near you, he is traveling from New York
Thanks either way, Ray

Sandy G
06-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Lauriann would have a Double-Dyin' Duck Fit if I come draggin' that Bad Boy home...Besides, I'm bout outta room anyway...(sigh...)

qat727
06-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Bonnaroo is the stuff of legend. I haven't been able to afford a ticket, unfortunately. Manchester is about 150 miles west of here. I'll be leaving for North Carolina on the 13th and returning on the 20th, which overlaps Bonnaroo. I will still have family here, though, so pick up while I'm gone could be possible.

Ray Sieracki
06-06-2009, 05:03 PM
I sent you a e-mail , with some information, thanks Ray

qat727
06-07-2009, 11:43 PM
I was informed tonight that this set is actually a B&W, not color. Sorry for any confusion I've caused. If someone is able to move the thread to the appropriate forum, that would be great.