View Full Version : Deawoo CN-001N...RCA F19430

Dan Schafer
06-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi All
Trying to save this TV from a landfill and I do have a use for the set. The regulator chip is shorted from a storm we had last year. A guy on eBay has on for about $15.00 (an MA8630). I'd like to check the power supply & flyback circuits out further before I spend the money for bad and possibly destroy the new part. Does anyone have a schematic of the power supply & flyback circuit they can share or an equivalent model that maybe in Sam's Photofacts. I'll bet one of the Deawoo models in Sam's is the same one I need. The TV is marked RCA model F19430 and has a Deawoo chassis CN-001N, circa 2001.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Dan

zenithfan1
06-04-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm sorry, but not another daewoo thread:puke: Not to be an a-hole but, the best place for any rebadged rca or a daewoo IS the landfill.

radiotvnut
06-04-2009, 11:28 AM
I posted a detailed reply to your post on ARF. I'll sum it up here by saying that you'd probably be better off to seek a used 19" set than to try to repair this one. There's a good chance that the power surge went into other areas of the set that you won't be able to detect until you fix the power supply. And, those sets didn't hold up well under normal conditions, anyway.

Dan Schafer
06-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the advise and the thing is in my way. I'll take out the yoke. People go by on garbage day and smash the CRTs for the yokes. Maybe I can get a few backs for the remote. Yes the set should not be marked RCA. Terrible, what legacy name brands have become today! Bring back Stromberg-Carlson!
Thanks again
Dan

radiotvnut
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
And some cheaper 13" and 19" Zenith sets from the late '90's were rebadged Daewoo's (talk about a big letdown). I had a late '90's Portland 25" set that was built by Daewoo with an audio problem. It would play until it got hot and then the audio would distort, fade, then go away. I hit one of the large surface mounted IC's with some freeze spray and the audio popped back on. I was not interested in replacing that big surface mounted IC; so, the TV went to the trash.