View Full Version : Have I gone crazy, or...

Carmine
05-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Wasn't there a post on this message board regarding a Zenith roundie cabinet?

I could swear I recall posting that I was interested, but I can now find no record of either the post, or my reply.

:scratch2:

zenithfan1
05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
They took the damn thing down. The cabinet is yours if you want it. The funny thing is, over in Rectangular tube and SS there is a thread about a free crappy 1987 RCA tv and no one took that thread down. WTF? See.http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=230309

Carmine
05-21-2009, 06:30 PM
You must be kidding me? Took down a thread about a free gutted TV cabinet? :lmao: We have a multiple page Funai thread!

So long as we are on the topic of websites, where have some of the good contributors moved to? Is there a new place for the TV collectors like Doug, Captain Moody and others like Heathkit who seemed to disappear long ago?

Lately it seems this site is completely lacking any order (i.e threads about B&W sets in color, so forth) Why even have the separate boards? Sorry, but discussions on garbage-picked 90s sets aren't that enthralling.

I guess time marches on. :smoke:

RobtWB
05-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Nice post Carmine.

Make sure you don't use any profanity, you may be spanked like I was.

I think I'll look for a new site, perhaps someone should start a new one.

You are correct, posts about 90's vintage garbage finds, recapping them and then trying to resell them, well, they are for the weak minded.

Are there no forums that cater to VINTAGE television collecting and restoration? You know, sets like 50', 60's and 70's vintage sets, both monochrome and color. Any forums that cater to collecting tv that are at least a quarter of a century old?

zenithfan1
05-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, I'll repost the pictures of the cabinet here later on. I also agree about the 90s crap. It has been a while since we had some REAL discussion here. There has been some seemingly good threads started, like the one about the Admiral roundie but they didn't go far. Doug is around but is very busy, I don't know if he'll keep posting here or not. I've been in touch with him a few times since he quit posting and hasn't mentioned it. Maybe I should start a thread on the last roundie I restored, at least it might be an interesting thread. (it still needs work but is looking good) I'm also working on some 1949 Motorola sets. I'll post them too. I know time marches on but geez.........

Tony V
05-21-2009, 07:49 PM
ARF has a decent tv discussion section if you are interested.
-Tony

andy
05-21-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm also tired of seeing post after post about 90's and newer sets. Try sci.electronics.repair for that stuff.

zenith2134
05-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Carmine, you've BEEN crazy! :D Just kidding....

I still like the T.V. discussions we have here and in Rectangular Tube & SS. But yeah, the Funai stuff and the 1990s Thomsons, Daewoos, and Apex's I can do without!!!

Dave A
05-21-2009, 09:07 PM
This forum is only as good as what we give to it. We determine it's fate. If discussions about Funai and BPC's are the order of the day, we lose. Make it your place to post what we want to discuss and what we want to ignore.

Carmine
05-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Well, I'll repost the pictures of the cabinet here later on.

Maybe I can save you some hassle... Is this a small-ish console (one speaker)?

I'm looking for a high-end style.

Not that beggars should be choosey, lol.

Eric H
05-21-2009, 11:28 PM
It's long been the rule that selling/bartering in the forums is against the rules.
The TV forums have been cut a lot of slack in this area in the past but recently an effort (somewhat futile) has been made to get us to follow the same rules as everyone else and use the classifieds.

fotno
05-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Eric is correct. AK's rules against trading/buying/selling apply in the TV forums too. With that said, this thread is closed.