View Full Version : CTC-16 on Craigslist in Northern NJ

hposter
05-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Just spotted this TV, and it looks like the CTC-16E, Model Dubois, from 1965 (but I could easily be wrong). It's in Totowa (near Wayne).

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/fuo/1154500299.html

Zenith26kc20
05-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Would love to go get this one but what a drive from New Orleans that would be! 500 miles one way is about my limit! Lotta scenery going that way!

AUdubon5425
05-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Would love to go get this one but what a drive from New Orleans that would be! 500 miles one way is about my limit! Lotta scenery going that way!

Welcome neighbor!

I've made that drive a few times between here and New England, not having time to stop much. Drove twice through Manhattan, detoured onto the Blue Ridge Parkway, and visited the Lincoln Monument at 1 in the morning. There's a lot more to see if you can take your time, which I hope to do one day (hopefully in a van with something like a CTC-16 in the back :D)

ws407c
06-07-2009, 05:34 PM
I picked this set up today and it has a replacement Sylvania CRT in it . I might send it off to Scotty if he is still in the rebuild business.

Set was worth getting and is functional with picture and sound , no cataract as of yet.

Dave

zenithfan1
06-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Good save, do you have a CRT tester? That CRT might be just fine, look for a dud to rebuild. Being a Sylvania, when or IF it develops a cataract, it will more than likely be a "green halo" type which is easy to live with as long as it don't creep in much more than an inch. You have to use the nichrome wire and car battery method on those. Good luck with her and welcome to AK!

ws407c
06-21-2009, 05:48 PM
I am very happy with this set and enjoyed watching the last analog programming with it the night the analog signal was lost !

Thank you , I do not have a CRT tester and the tube does seem to have life left within but very black near the cathodes on the inside of the glass , this set has a lot of hours on it judging by how the tubes look in it.

Set is in quite good condition though.

I had a 21fjp22a rebuilt by scotty last year and WOW !

I am glad to be a member of this superb forum and I enjoy vintage electronics as well as single ended amplifiers !

Dave

zenithfan1
06-22-2009, 09:17 PM
That's a nice looking set, where do you have the brightness and contrast set? Glad she worked for "the end", I gave as many of my sets as possible one last dose of analog that night.

zenith2134
06-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Nice to see it working.

Seems like that pic would be smokin' with a little adjustment.

sampson159
06-23-2009, 09:33 PM
that is the same cabinet as charlie trahan s ctc 15 he restored on his website.that is the site that got me going 3-4 years ago.great set and the crt looks good enough!nice find and although i am happy for you,i have to admit to some envy!