View Full Version : Saved! 58 GE

newhallone
04-27-2009, 10:44 PM
The Ge I saved is a 1958 21C1562. I posted an ad in the local Freecycle for old tv sets 1960 back. The lady I got it from was going to put it on display in the house but her husband put the ax to that. It was in the house when she got it. She tried it and got nothing but sound. She said if I wouldn't have saved it she would probably have brought it to the dump.

I put my Beltron on it and I did not get any reading whatsoever. Filaments lit up but that's it. I used the universal adapter for it. Anyone know what the correct adapter for these is with the 8080?

The crt for this set is the 21DEP4.

I received another email from a guy with a couple of sets I need to check out. So I am doing what I can.:yes:

Now that its warm where I stored a couple sets I went and tested them as well. my mid 50's Zenith 19" tested really good, but the cabinet is really bad and a mouse nest in the Chassis. The 1960 Motorola 23" wasn't the greatest after the cleaning so I rejuvinated it and now it reads really good. According to the Beltron instructions it says it's supposed to jump up to 85 all it did for me was 50 or so. Is that normal? Hope you enjoy the pics.

zenith2134
04-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Not sure about your CRT issues, but I'm glad you saved this set. It should make a pretty good picture once the issues are sorted out. Good find.

zenithfan1
04-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Those are pretty neat, the tuner is pushbutton and is quite unique.

AUdubon5425
04-28-2009, 05:43 PM
I like that set. Are there individual fine tuners for the pushbuttons?

zenithfan1
04-28-2009, 06:22 PM
The fine tuning is done with either one of those knobs or you turn the button it's self, I can't remember as it's been a few years since I've seen this model. They don't pop up often, most of the time the "Designer series" pop up, I have one of those. Similar layout but a regular tuner. I think this one's a keeper just because of that tuner. The tuner also has a name that slips my memory at this moment, I remember seeing it on that glass part of the control panel behind all the knobs and buttons. At least the set I saw had it written there, this set has the same cabinet too. Magic auto tune or whatnot, just a fancy name for an electric motor drive.
newhallone, can we please see some more pics of the tuner and chassis?

newhallone
04-29-2009, 02:49 AM
Yep, each little button appears to fine tune. I will be keeping this one. Just have to wait for a crt to pop up.

sansui2000A
04-29-2009, 06:18 AM
That is the set I was referring to in:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193052

newhallone
04-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Blond with a swivel base would make this one really really cool instead of really cool.