View Full Version : Need help with RCA model D52W20 HD ready projection set

zenithfan1
03-20-2009, 06:32 PM
I am looking at a friends RCA HD ready 52" projection set.:boring: The problem is that when you push the power button, one relay clicks and the power indicator light gives three long blinks. After that it does nothing. I think the power supply is the problem but these are not the sets I usually work on, just figured I would give it a try. The set is a 2005 RCA model D52W20 with chassis ITC222. If it's bad caps or something in the power supply I shouldn't have any problems, it's all those pesky microprocessors and IC's that screw me all up. If that's the case I won't touch it with a ten foot pole.:no: Any suggestions would be welcome.:yes: Thanks in advance.
Mark

zenithfan1
03-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Please let me know if anyone knows anything about these. Does it sound like a power supply issue to you too?

radiotvnut
03-21-2009, 10:55 PM
My experience with these newer big screens, well in fact any big screen, is very limited; but, I do believe the HV splitter can cause the problem. You might also want to check the horizontal output transistor for shorts. If it's shorted, the HV splitter or flyback is probably the problem. I don't know about the projection models; but, flybacks in modern standard CRT RCA's don't hold up worth a darn. You're lucky to get two years out of one. Whatever you do, don't use generic knock-off parts. Use RCA originals or the set may come back and bite you in the butt.

radiotvnut
03-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Read this:

http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/rca-tv-itc222-d61w20-chirps-3-times-no-power-t184.html