View Full Version : Macrovision Scrubber

classicradios
07-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Best Buy carries a great Video Stabilizer called
"Sima CopyThis! Video Enhancer Model: CT-1"
Retails for $59.99 but does a great job removing the annoying dashes. I've tried a few of the "Video Stabilizers" off Ebay but nothing completely cleaned up the lines like this Sima one does.
I've attached a photo showing the screen on my Zenith Porthole before and after. The source is a DVD "Dateline Disneyland" 1955 Televised opening of Disneyland, Perfect broadcast material for this 1950 TV. I saw reference to this Best Buy Stabilizer on the other forum and let me tell you, It works!
Jim

Chad Hauris
07-21-2004, 06:25 AM
Thanks for posting about this...my old tube color sets have these lines too from certain digital videodiscs. Does this product also help remove the bending at the top of the picture that some videotapes or DVD's produce on tube type TV's?

classicradios
07-21-2004, 03:45 PM
I noticed NO improvement on VHS tapes bending. I connected the Video out of the VCR to the Video In of the Sima, The Video Out of the Sima to Video In of the RF Modulator and the coax out to the TV (1950 Zenith) All the DVD's I tried played well with no bending, even before I connected the Sima. VHS will play with little to no bending on this TV if it's a really good SP tape, Anything recorded LP or SLP always bends. I've taken the VCR out of the loop and just have the DVD connected to the TV via the RF modulator and the signal cleaned up with the Sima.
Jim

heathkit tv
07-21-2004, 08:30 PM
How about converting the problem children tapes to DVD to get around the bending? I know this is a lot of work, but I suppose most people will eventually dupe their tapes anyway.

Anthony

andy
07-21-2004, 11:51 PM