View Full Version : Got an interesting Admiral today...

jstout66
07-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Will post pix in the next few days, and am unsure of the working condition of this set. I hit up a few Estate Sales and at one house they had had all the stuff moved to the garage. (lot's of cool mid-century furniture, which I'm "into") Anyway... they had a small Admiral console on a swivel base with a sign that said FREE! How can you beat that ? They said it didn't work, and didn't know what the problem was. There was no outlet to try it out and I had to move it to my buddies garage, and will not get to look at it for a few days. The cabinet is in great shape, and I think it's only a 21" set. (The tube I think was a 21EG something) I'm gonna guess 1967 or 1968. It soes NOT use the dual horizontal output tubes like my Admiral roundie. The chassis looked very clean and could see no visable damage. I'll find out when I fire it up. Hope it's just a few tubes and adjusting, and will fill you all in and get some pix posted soon!

jstout66
07-11-2004, 10:41 PM
will get pix posted soon. However I fired up the set and it works pretty good! Great color and focus. I have a few tubes to put in and some adjusting and all should be well. The set is a 1967 model.