View Full Version : Barbie, she has everything...

Eric H
02-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Except a TV, I took it from her.

Actually she's preparing for the switch to Digital and got rid of her old Analog set, no doubt the spoiled bimbo will get a 70" Plasma to replace this. :D

This thing is stone cold mint in the original box!

Sandy G
02-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Kewl ! I saw those going for a mere pittance awhile back & ALMOST bit...Wish I had now...

Eric H
02-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Hi Sandy, I got this one for a pittance, $9.99 + shipping of course.

I figure 50 years after I'm dead it'll be worth at least $25

EchoWars
02-18-2009, 12:03 AM
I guess if you're Barbie, that's a big-screen TV.

zenith2134
02-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Thats true, EW.

Someone will want this set one day. I can almost guarantee it. How about a nudie shot? (of the TV, not the doll :D)

Eric H
02-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Thats true, EW.

Someone will want this set one day. I can almost guarantee it. How about a nudie shot? (of the TV, not the doll :D)

I don't want to open this one up for pictures but I might be able to take some of a similar mini set.

Not much to see, a PC board with lots of little parts on it, a Flyback transformer, a tuner, a big IC that controls most everything.

They actually aren't all that bad for what they are.

zenith2134
02-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah, should've thought of that... Bet it makes a good picture though.

OvenMaster
02-18-2009, 01:07 AM
Whoa. I have one similar from the Fisher-Price Pixelvision video camera & monitor set.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PXL-2000

Eric H
02-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah, should've thought of that... Bet it makes a good picture though.

:scratch2: Hmm, I dunno, I haven't tried it yet, the seller said it worked fine so it must. :thmbsp:

Lets see, here's a crummy picture, it's always hard to take a good picture of an operating set, it's nice and bright, a little snowy but that's not the sets fault.

Strange, it doesn't seem to pick up very well, I could hardly get anything on the lower channels, almost like they weren't there at all... :scratch2:

Looks like it has a slight vertical size issue, no doubt it would adjust out if I wanted to open it up and do that, but I think I'll just put it away and recap it in 40 or 50 years.

Funny thing, Barbie must be a Lefty, the on/off volume control works in reverse, that is off is all the way to the right, on and volume is to the left!

Sandy G
02-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Dammit, I saw a Pixelvision system for sale in an antique store/junque shoppe in Abingdon, Virginia 7-8 years ago...It worked, looked to be all there, & NOW I wished I'd bought th' silly thing...

Eric H
02-18-2009, 01:23 AM
Dammit, I saw a Pixelvision system for sale in an antique store/junque shoppe in Abingdon, Virginia 7-8 years ago...It worked, looked to be all there, & NOW I wished I'd bought th' silly thing...

Yeah, those Pixelvision cameras are (were?) a hot item.
The TV that goes with it is just the same cheapo 4.5 inch set that was sold under names like "Rhapsody" but it has the Pixelvision name on it.

Some of these sets have video inputs, some have audio and video, they were also used with a cheapo surveillance camera system.

The Barbie set has two mini jacks on the back, I didn't look at them but I bet one of them is video input, the other is probably for an external antenna.

zenith2134
02-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Strange about the volume pot! :scratch2:

kx250rider
02-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Eric, Now you're obligated to add a Hello Kitty TV to your collection :) . They had a 13" color set, and also I think a 4" B&W like that Barbie set.

All kidding aside, that will likely be a HOT collectible in the future. Think about the Charlie McCarthy 5-tube radio, or the Mickey Mouse 45-rmp phono!

Charles