View Full Version : 1000 volt rated Silver Micas - Where?

M3-SRT8
02-17-2009, 02:29 PM
I'd like to buy a kit containing 1000 volt silver micas. Most of the ones available are 500 volt dipped epoxy, but,I have a bunch of 270 pF 1000 volt micas in my 630TS, plus an 82 pF 1000 volt one. The rest are not rated, so I'm assumig 500 volt are fine. I know where to get those.

Digikey sells 1000 volt tubular micas, but only in huge quantities.

Where to get this stuff?

LJB:smoke:

Ampico-kid
02-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Just Radios has quite a nice selection of caps and now resistors as well.

http://www.justradios.com/orderform.html

I see 250pf 1000v Silver Micas, but I don't see any 270pf.

You could e-mail Dave and ask him about them. He's a great guy, his prices are very reasonable, and he ships very fast.

Bob

Eric H
02-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Try Mouser, they have a huge selection of caps, somewhat hard to find in their online catalog though.

John Folsom
02-17-2009, 04:38 PM
How bout this?

http://www.tedss.com/DM19FF271JO3/

M3-SRT8
02-18-2009, 06:55 AM
How bout this?

http://www.tedss.com/DM19FF271JO3/

Well, how 'bout that!

Excellent! Thanks.

M3-SRT8
02-19-2009, 06:52 PM
I placed orders from Tedss.com and Just Radios for Silver Micas, at the same time. Tedss.com's transaction went off much smoother, and, I've just received the order today! Just Radios has probably just shipped my order today. I say "probably" because I have no idea. No confirmation of shipment, no tracking, etc.

Tedss.com is the fastest vendor I have ever done business with. I consider their "competition" dead and buried.

Thought You'd All Like To Know;

Dave S
02-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Tedss.com is the fastest vendor I have ever done business with. I consider their "competition" dead and buried.

That's a little harsh. Please don't write off Dave at JustRadios. He's a good guy and a generous supporter of our hobby activities. Also one of the few good sources for HV caps for electrostatic sets. My orders always arrive pretty quickly.

--Dave Sica

bgadow
02-20-2009, 11:17 AM
I like dealing with Dave; you have to allow extra time since he is in Canada.

John Folsom
02-20-2009, 11:50 AM
I agree with the positive comments about Justradios. An his website has one of the easiest to use methods for compiling an order.

jeyurkon
02-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I guess I need to add support for Just Radios also. They have a nice FAQ on safety capacitors that was very helpful to me. I wouldn't have known about them except for that.

John

M3-SRT8
02-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey....they're slow.

...and, No Order Tracking. I haven't a clue when it will arrive.

Outside of that, I have nothing against them.

But, it would be nice to know WHEN.

M3-SRT8
02-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Maybe I'm being a little harsh.

I'll give him another shot. Probably buy a couple of his resistor and cap kits. I've bought 'em in the past.

Eric H
02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
I've always received an E-Mail from Dave telling me he received my order.

As for Tracking I'm not sure that's even available when shipping from Canada.

edison64
02-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Always order from Dave, never any problem. E-Mail, fast shipping and best of all selection and price. He has even been known to throw in freebees.

M3-SRT8
02-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Always order from Dave, never any problem. E-Mail, fast shipping and best of all selection and price. He has even been known to throw in freebees.

What do You consider 'fast?'

Dave S
02-21-2009, 09:04 PM
My compliments to you and to everyone else who is completing restorations at such a clip that a few days sooner or later on the shipping time for a cap order is a significant issue. Seriously! I'm not being sarcastic at all. I'm impressed and even envious.

But me, I got my last order from JustRadios about three months ago and for all my plans and good intentions, those caps are all still in the bags!

edison64
02-21-2009, 10:07 PM
When I order, I pay upfront, know what I want , and ask how long will it be. I always receive my order in about a week, If anyone has a source for caps with a vast selection and at a cheaper price, let us all know.

Pete Deksnis
02-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Normally I would be on the side of Dave at JustRadios and not even jump into this thread. However, last month I placed a sizable order (a kit of caps to restore a CT-100), a task he handled without issues and in a timely manner in the past, but this time he was slow in responding to my order-related inquiries.

Yes, the order was shipped quickly, in this case to the Sarnoff Library, once it was placed.

Perhaps there's simply some temporary factor at work of which we are unaware.

Pete

M3-SRT8
02-22-2009, 11:14 PM
My compliments to you and to everyone else who is completing restorations at such a clip that a few days sooner or later on the shipping time for a cap order is a significant issue. Seriously! I'm not being sarcastic at all. I'm impressed and even envious.

But me, I got my last order from JustRadios about three months ago and for all my plans and good intentions, those caps are all still in the bags!

I don't fool around. I've already installed all the Micas I received from TEDSS.com. I installed them the same day I received them.