View Full Version : I saw a LOT of tv shops in florida

rca2000
07-05-2004, 12:20 AM
During my vacation last week. I was in the west/palm beach / manalpan area, and travelled to Ft. Lauderdale, and I saw MANY tv shops, most of which looked like they had been there for awhile. One, in ft.Lauderdale, Called "the camera clinic", IIRC, off of commercial blvd, near the A1A,after the drawbridge, had a BUNCH of tv's in the window, OLD ONES WITH KNOBS, stacked on top of each other PLAYING!! I wanted to stop and take a look inside, and ask about the possibility of any"GOOD SETS"(Rca ctc2,4,5,7, Roundie bw or color, etc) but it was already closed, and the two women with me"my sister and cousion) had other plans anyway, like beach shops malls, and such.

While on this vacation, I got to see those homes that all of you hear about( where 1 million will get an 1800 sq. ft house, with NO LAND). and I DROVE past some of them, on the A1A highway, or as Vanilla Ice would saw "A1A, Beach Front Ave".

Of course, the whole vacation was clouded by events like the theft of things at my house by my "friend", my van still not having an engine, possible future problems with work/college,and so on. But still it was nice to get away, and stay at a hotel where you are treated like a KING, with Valet service, Turn-down service for the beds, and so on (but I would had NEVER booked the room myself, at Nearly $500.00 a NIGHT, PLUS TAX, (think of all of the old radios and tv's that can buy!) Had this not been part of the package for $650.00 for the WEEK that my cousion found, INCLUDING airfare,and rental car(chevy malibu, W/unlimited miles).