View Full Version : Need info on this one...

jaaani
06-29-2004, 08:39 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50595&item=5706362391&rd=1

My neighbor gave me his around 24 years ago and it was old then I think. It's in mint condition. I haven't been able to find the year, or if any, value of it.

bgadow
06-29-2004, 09:18 PM
I have 2 or 3 of these; I used to see them everyplace but not so much anymore. There are a number of variations, with different badges & trim, but all basically the same, I think. Made in Hong Kong or some such. I used the Sams index to date them and they were from the early 70s. I can't imagine that they would have too high a value, maybe $5 or $10 at the most.

Signed-
The old Cheapskate

...ok, my curiousity made me go upstairs and look: I have a #P977D, a # P977E (neighbor gave me that one, he found it in the trash) it dates to '73, and a # 7-2877F (bought it for 50 cents) I don't have them side by side so I can't describe the differences, but they are real close.

jaaani
06-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Thanks bgadow. Mine is model P977E also. I didn't think it would be worth much just wanted year of production. I think its a well built good looking little radio. Certainly much better than what comes out of China nowadays. I plug her in today for the first time in 20 years and the controls had absolutely zero static and it pulled the stations in great. I wouldn't sell it anyways.

Charlie
06-30-2004, 10:51 PM
i think there are two of those at my grandparent's house. IIRC, they are badged with K-Mart on the front of them.