View Full Version : I just went pro!

colortrakker
01-29-2009, 07:32 AM
This is what I get for spending so much time on craigslist. I found a Sony PVM-2950 in an ad with a bunch of other high-end stuff (Adcom, anyone?). There were four of them, all pulled from a vacation home in the Hamptons that was remodeled. I got the last one. Thing's almost mint, except for the lack of a remote. I'm in love. Blue-only mode for calibration, tilt adjustment, 3 color temps...and hardly any hours on it! For the price I'd be stupid to refuse it. Anyone else have one of these monsters?

Now to get some RCA-to-BNC cables so I can hook everything up to it through the Extron switcher I also got.

Yeah yeah, I know...pictures are coming next week.

Duane
01-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Fantastic find. I've been trying to find one locally. The remote might pop up on Ebay.One input on that set is component,which is a nice feature. I have a PVM-2030 and love it.

redcoates7
01-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Most of the online remote control forums will have the entire Sony IR database available, so you should be able to purchase a nice programmable remote (Universal MX-850, etc) and control every last function on that machine...great set!

jfrog1983
01-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Been looking for one of those super fine pitch Sony Trinitron PVM series monitors for quite some time, I come across broken ones once in a while, but looking for a good working one. I really like the picture on them!

Red October
01-31-2009, 09:40 PM
I've got one very similar, those sets are true nut-busters (mine, at least, weight about 100 lbs. a piece) but worth every stab of pain as you carry them. The picture is excellent. Having the component inputs is wonderful, mine doesn't have them... well not conventionally, at least, it has a 25-pin D connector labeled "Computer" that might take RGB; if anyone knows the pinout I'd love to know it as I work at Radio Shack and can easily pick up roll-your-own D-connector hardware.

ChrisW6ATV
02-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Here is one source for the RGB wiring to those Sony DB25 connectors:

http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/vidconv.htm#nvccon13