View Full Version : My first 2009 find

Alan Merritt
01-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Is this Sony KV-1400AS which had been sitting there for some months now. Every time I saw it , I thought the buttons would be a weak point.

Had a closer look - the original aerial was broken off, and the aerial input plug appeared to be broken; the on off button was missing. Fired up fine, but no picture on any of the buttons (1-8) which seemed to change setting OK. Haggled to $20 cash and brought it home.

The "broken" aerial input plug just had an incomplete plug jammed in it, so it fixed easily. Bit of a tune with the totally non-digital tuner brought a bright, sharp and colourful picture.

Is this a good TV in the experience/ opinion of others?

All I've really had to do is give the cabinet a wipe, and the interior a brush out, and I have a nice small Trinitron from I would suspect the late 70s-early 80s in perfect working order. Cleaning inside revealed that it was originally white - it always looked yellowish to me, but then...

Happy New Year from pleasant mild mid-summer South Australia.

jfrog1983
01-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Cool find, I do go after older Trinitrons from time to time, always liked them! I think the Trinitrons have always had a very nice picture, when in good working order of course.

zenithfan1
01-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Nice, I too always grab a Trinitron when they come up. I would like to find a nice 27" for the entertainment center. Maybe like that one that has the subwoofer that someone else posted about not long ago.