View Full Version : Vintage Television Intros...just a little nostalgic trip....

Old1625
12-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Just taking a neuralgia--ahem--I mean nostralgia--trip through some old TV show intros. (Mods, please feel free to replant this thread if it doesn't seem appropriate to this subforum!)

Take The Avengers....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvmgrnsaE1U&feature=related

Diana Rigg was always a definite 10 in my book. I could espalier my vines from here to kingdom come and not come up with a tomato--correction-- "tomahtoe"--like her.

Then later episodes came up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYKMnTADbxY

Linda Thorsen--what a wrench! Oh...please excuse me...Linda Thorson --what a wench!

Some of these old and past playing shows got to be a little corny. But I love seeing the intros to them just the same. :thmbsp:

Hemingray
12-31-2008, 08:46 PM
http://www.retrojunk.com

Here's a whole load of em ;)

John Pinckney
01-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Amen! Diana Rigg was the subject of more than a few teenage fantasies! :-)

Another show of that genre that I recall from the same era was "Secret Agent" on CBS. One episode of which was sort of are predicting life in that it involved a pirate radio station located on an old RAF AA fort in the Thames estuary... like "Radio City". The owner of Radio City (Reg Calvert) was allegedly murdered by the principal of a competing pirate under circumstances which are still somewhat mysterious. And as for a pirate station involved with espionage, various allegations have been made on the 'net about a very well-equipped European pirate of the 1970's also not being all it was supposed to be...??????

Greg B.
01-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Amen! Diana Rigg was the subject of more than a few teenage fantasies! :-)

Possibly so, but for me the #1 Avengers femme was Honor Blackman, who was in the first season. That is one sexy woman. She was also the Bond girl in Goldfinger: Pussy Galore. Nuff said.

John Pinckney
01-15-2009, 05:44 PM
I remember Honor Blackman from Goldfinger. But, I think we in the 'States were denied the real first season of "The Avengers". At the time Diana Rigg left the show, I wondered if the selection of Linda Thorson was an effort to give the show more appeal for ABC-TV (The U.S. net, natch... As opposed to the ABC that produced the show in the U.K.) viewers. I'm curious as to where else in the world "The Avengers" aired...

Sandy G
01-15-2009, 06:31 PM
I always liked the slightly "World-out-of-kilter" feeling "The Avengers" had. Mrs. Peel's catsuits didn't hurt, either, altho when the show 1st aired I was just a little young to REALLY appreciate them...

radotvguy
01-22-2009, 06:36 AM
I watched the reruns of the avengers and i always liked that tv show . MY dad had a thing for Diana .

Old1625
01-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I watched the reruns of the avengers and i always liked that tv show . MY dad had a thing for Diana . Mine, too! :yes:

Keefla
01-22-2009, 06:25 PM
:jawdrop: yeah add me to that list

Old1625
01-22-2009, 07:30 PM
:jawdrop: yeah add me to that list

Me, too! :D