View Full Version : So my TV's actually a '57?

jasonlava
06-14-2004, 09:30 AM
I have Zenith like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3638&item=6101928798&rd=1

Except mine doesn't have doors. The glass, faceplate and knobs look the same. The guy I bought it from said it was a '59 but the seller on Ebay says it's 1957.

Any experts out there can tell me the right year?

jasonlava
06-14-2004, 09:32 AM
Yep.. she needs it...

Gonn fix that pretty soon so the people on the screen won't be coneheads:D

bgadow
06-14-2004, 09:10 PM
With the model number it would be fairly easy, using the Sams index, for one. Too bad, I'm not smart enough to know just by the picture.

Tubejunke
06-14-2004, 11:43 PM
I have a very similar set that is a Space Command with a 24" crt. I posted a bunch about being stumped on a recap failure. Never did get the thing working. I good to see George hard at work on your set. The vertical section in mine is colapsed to about 2 inches. I have several different schematics as Zenith used that basic chassis for several years. The closest one to mine dated 1958 I think. I notice they made changes in the vertical section and the power supply as far as tube #s.
I would love to see mine working as good as yours. These are fine looking sets I think. Maybe you can come to VA and get another one. I have some others I would like to get started on and dont know what to do with the thing. Way too nice to junk thats for sure. Maybe I'll figure out whats gone wrong with mine someday......

jasonlava
06-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Tubejunke
I have a very similar set that is a Space Command with a 24" crt. I posted a bunch about being stumped on a recap failure. Never did get the thing working. I good to see George hard at work on your set. The vertical section in mine is colapsed to about 2 inches. I have several different schematics as Zenith used that basic chassis for several years. The closest one to mine dated 1958 I think. I notice they made changes in the vertical section and the power supply as far as tube #s.
I would love to see mine working as good as yours. These are fine looking sets I think. Maybe you can come to VA and get another one. I have some others I would like to get started on and dont know what to do with the thing. Way too nice to junk thats for sure. Maybe I'll figure out whats gone wrong with mine someday......

Yes, look at George's guitar, it's squashed a bit. I stretched the pic out so it could fill the screen but the bottom is collapsed in. No doubt a cap or the tube. I do plan on fixing it with some help from my friend David. He's quick the wizard at it so I'll look and learn from him.