View Full Version : Free TV and Computer Recycling Event

jeyurkon
12-24-2008, 01:00 PM
There will be a "Free TV and Computer Recycling Event" 9am-2p on Saturday January 10, 2009 and Saturday February 7, 2009 at:

Ingham County Road Commission
5613 S. Aurelius Rd.
Lansing, MI

I'm tempted to show up to see if anything interested is brought.

Then again, people in E. Lansing have been fined for salvaging items from recycling containers. Oh well, worth a risk...

John Y.

peverett
12-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Is this sponsered by Sony? If so, the one that I went to was very efficent. I had an old unrestorable TV(both CRT and Flyback bad and it was Japanese) and a computer fried by lightning. I was very early, so did not see any thing that I wanted to try to get, so I do not know about any fines for trying to retrieve stuff. What I saw were mostly computers and modern TVs.

jeyurkon
12-24-2008, 10:40 PM
I didn't see anything about Sony on the flier, but it's quite possible. They said that you would get a coupon for a discount on new electronics.

John Y.

peverett
12-24-2008, 10:55 PM
I did not get any coupons, but did get a canvas bag. If it is a Sony event and you have something electronic you need to recycle, I recommend it. As to saving equipment that has been dropped off by earlier recyclers-I have no experience with that.

jeyurkon
12-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the report. They're taking printers and some other electronics and I have an old Epson RX-80 to get rid of. I'll at least turn it in.

John

jeyurkon
01-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I went to the recycling event. They were very well organized, but extremely busy. They didn't have anyone directing traffic, but everyone was polite and took turns coming from both directions and allowing traffic to pass in the center.

It took me 45 minutes to get in. I spoke to a volunteer that I knew later and he said it was like that all day.

I didn't see any round tube sets. I did see some rectangular color consoles that looked quite nice. Not my type but I'm sure someone would have liked them. I asked if anything would be sold and they said no.

The volunteer I spoke to thought they would be going to Classic Computers to be salvaged and that it might be possible to see them there. He wasn't sure though.

John