View Full Version : Cute miniatures

Captain Video
12-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Look out at this miniature this lady made of the house she grew up in the 1950's... she even made the "Invictus" console TV set complete with the test pattern on the screen!!!

http://www.reginapassy.com.br/english/memories.html

Sandy G
12-21-2008, 05:58 PM
She's talented ! Thanks for posting !

zenithfan1
12-23-2008, 10:04 AM
WOW, I was quite surprised! She is VERY talented. At first glance, you would think you're really looking at a room or down a hallway. It must have taken forever to make all that stuff. That little tv is very neat!

Captain Video
12-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Know what the best part is???

A day or two after I discovered her site, a contact of mine has located... that SAME TV... the REAL one, NOT the miniature!!!

THAT was a hell of a finding!!! It was one of the VERY FIRST models of television set manufactured in Brazil... it was, actually, the first 21 inch model ( late 1952 ); the first model was a 17 inch, from the same brand, made in early 1952.

An EXTREMELY RARE television... and now it is MINE!!!

I STILL have to travel to pick it up... it's on the same city where I already have, also waiting for me to pick up, an early 50's bakelite Admiral, an early 50's 23 inch Emerson, a 1950 General Electric roundie and a 1976 Sharp and a 1983 Philco VCR ( first VCR made in Brazil ) - the Sharp and the VCR are working - as you can see, I have found quite a nice load of vintage televisions on the last weeks!!!

But that isn't the end of this year findings... today, I went to an antique shop to buy something to give to my mother as a Christimas gift... now, where I live is almost impossible to find really interesting collectable TVs... first TV sets only appeared here in the early 60's, and even those were almost all of them destroyed long ago... also, the city at the time was just REALLY TINY and too poor; in the 8 years I've been collecting vintage TVs, I saw only ONE TV from the early 60's here, for sale at a used furniture store, and didn't bought that one at the time because I had no money. But today, things were different!!!

When I arrived at the antique shop today, there it was, sitting at the door, a very nice "consolette" TV ( with legs ) circa 1961-63. In very nice shape. Complete with all the knobs, back cover and even the original factory cord and plug. It does have some issues with the finishing on the wood, but nothing that cannot be redone. It was an "ABC" , a Brazilian brand that existed from the mid 50's to the early 70's. Quite rare. That was a VERY nice surprise!!!

As usual, I didn't had the amount of money the guy was asking, but he is a nice fellow, I have made some good deals with him in the past. Also, he was asking considerably LESS than what all other antique traders are asking for this kind of item at the present time. So, I returned home and went back to his shop, and traded some things with him: a 1950's mixer, an early 50's photographic camera and a 50's bakelite telephone. Friday I will go back there and trade with him a 50's blender that I have. All this will lower considerably the amount I will still need to pay him in cash. The TV is reserved for me, and in a few days I will have it here with me. Then I will be able to focusing on travel to pick up all this 1950's TVs that are on another city waiting for me!!!

After all the TVs are here, I will take pictures and post on this forum.

Tom_Ryan
12-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Wow ...looks like a test pattern on the TV set. Intruiging!