View Full Version : GE TV-radio-phonograph restoration

acousticdave
12-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Would love any help or pointers on where to find parts, original manufacturers information or other useful information. Of course, not in that order.

So far I think it's a late 40's early 50's General Electric tv/radio/phonograph combination - model 802.

Check out the pictures in the Intro forum.

Thanks.

zenithfan1
12-16-2008, 05:56 PM
WOW! I just found the pics over in introductions. That is one nice set! I would love to have one like it, I see why you are so interested in seeing it come to life. If all goes well, you will get addicted to that feeling you get after all the work is done and that thing glows for the first time in years. Also, welcome to the forum! It is always nice to see people saving these old sets.
radiotvnut is right on about where to start and what you'll need, (he posted on your other thread) we will be here to answer any questions you have. I too look forward to seeing it glow.

ChuckA
12-16-2008, 06:40 PM
The 801 and 802 were the first post war sets (1947) by GE. The 801 was radio/TV only.

Excellent performers when restored.

Unless you are looking for model specific parts, everything else is available to restore your set.

Chuck

radotvguy
12-17-2008, 08:08 AM
capacitors, tubes, and resisters will be pretty much what you will be changing and are available through Antique Electronic Supply or Moyers Electronics