View Full Version : Very "special" TV for $7900 on evilbay

julianburke
12-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Check this out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TV-TRANSFORMED-old-television-floor-model_W0QQitemZ250334417579QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2015 8QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Adam
12-14-2008, 03:23 PM
$7900 for an empty cabinet, that guy is nuts. I don't get why anyone would do that, he's going to wind up paying big in ebay fees and not selling it. What kind of set is that anyway?, I don't know that one.

marty59
12-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Apparantly there is some "emptiness" between the ears....!!!

zenithfan1
12-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Apparantly there is some "emptiness" between the ears....!!!

Yep, I informed the seller how "empty" his head must be. Now awaiting a nasty response. I have fun with people like this.:thmbsp:

Electrohome
12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Actually, in the internet world-we call a nasty response or angry email a "flame". I learned that term from a fellow collector years ago.
Just like we call junk email SPAM:yes:

MRX37
12-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Some artsy farty person just might buy it too...

EchoWars
12-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I hear they grow some damn good wacky-weed out there in Greeley.

zenithfan1
12-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Even that wouldn't be enough to pay that much. Not even crack could mess someone up enough to pay that

Keefla
12-14-2008, 06:07 PM
the back is on the wrong way round to boot.

radiotvnut
12-14-2008, 06:19 PM
I thought I'd seen it all; but, this one really takes the cake! I need to get in touch with this moron and offer to sell him the junker consoles that I get for, oh say, $3.5K. I mean, he could still make money at such a bargain price.

Anyway, that set looks like a mid '70's GE.

Findm-Keepm
12-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Fleabay will have the last laugh - his listing fee is $4 insertion fee + .25 Buy-it-now fee + .15 extra photo fee = $ 4.40

They get this irregardless if it sells.
:yes:

Wudda Id-ee-yat...

Cheers,

newhallone
12-14-2008, 07:21 PM
I sent him a message....."your auction worked.....everyone thinks your a fruit. But what kind?"

Sandy G
12-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Oh, Prunella...What an Ultra-Maroon...What a Chowdahead...

Argyle
12-14-2008, 07:33 PM
whoa maaaan, that's deep

beans
12-14-2008, 07:39 PM
I think it would say more about our society if some fool were to actually pay him $7900 for it.

jfrog1983
12-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Sorry but I want my TV set to actually show a picture, not just be a hollow shell of it's former self...

High_Current
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I bid 6K, I hope it holds....

sampson159
12-14-2008, 09:50 PM
some educated type wanting to make his "statement".television is a wonderful tool.there are some fascinating programming out there.it is your job to find it.if this blockhead gets a decent amount out of that....................................get ready for ebay to be flooded with clones. i got lots of old consoles to paint up and denounce!

site123a
12-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Damm.. He's only been a member since October 4th, sold 10 things and he already thinks he can make 8 grand! That's just being cocky...

freakaftr8
12-14-2008, 11:31 PM
DUDE IM GOONA BUY IT!!! (um... j/k)

Trance88
12-15-2008, 10:19 PM
I think the "artist" is trying to send the message:

There is nothing to see on TV. It's the same junk on every channel.

A lot of people have that viewpoint although I doubt none of us do!

electroking
12-16-2008, 07:40 PM
the back is on the wrong way round to boot.

Hey! You're not getting it at all! That's the artist's personal touch!

newhallone
12-16-2008, 08:19 PM
I asked the "person" if it would work after Feb. 19th

Sandy G
12-16-2008, 08:31 PM
I asked the "person" if it would work after Feb. 19th

You like to stir up Trouble, doncha ?!? (grin)

newhallone
12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
I thought that's what they wanted. Watch I'll probably get the boot off ebay. I should write back and apologize. :(

newhallone
12-17-2008, 08:15 PM
He replied from a second ebay account he has. His answer to the question is ...."no"

batterymaker
12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Just saw the auction.

What a f*cknugget....:thumbsdn:

similost
12-17-2008, 08:24 PM
I've seen artists sell a lot worse "art" for a lot more money.

You all may not see what he does, or see what the person that wants to buy it sees, but so long as it makes the person that buys it happy, and the artist happy for knowing someone appreciates his work, who are we to judge them?

If you were an artist, wouldn't you want others to appreciate your ideas?

I actually think it's a pretty creative idea, and if it was done by Andy Warhol or someone similar, I bet a lot of you would all probably be wishing you could afford it...

Sovereign
12-17-2008, 08:27 PM
I bought two.

Bauler
12-17-2008, 08:30 PM
"I can deliver up to 500 miles" because he doesn't have to show up to a "job" or have "responsibilities".

I am certain he has made comments like, "Sorry ma, cant paint the garage today. I am making a statement about society here"

similost
12-17-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry, but it really bothers me to see people bash an artist.. We may not agree with what they do, or what they charge for their "art", but at least they are trying to get people to open their eyes and minds to think.. Just like the music we listen to, which we do pay a lot for some times...

AK - All Audio, No Attitude - Because Music Matters

Personally, unless he was a super well known and famous artist, I wound't pay his price, but I do find his idea true art..

drh4683
12-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Hey, the seller of this auction is the same guy who bought that mint restored CT-100 that was on the bay earlier this year. He said he had special plans for it.......

Does anyone remember that goofy pink and blue or whatever zenith TV that some guy gutted and painted a picture of lucy ball on? This was a few years back, but it was another totally off the wall idea.

newhallone
12-17-2008, 09:17 PM
I would consider myself an artist. When I produce or perform art I expect people to think or say whatever they want. If they want to rip on me ....go for it. I am only doing it to stroke my ego like all other artists. What this fellow had in mind who knows??? Who cares?? Apparently some do. Good for them. As for me I'll make fun of it. It makes me feel better. And that's all that counts in this relativism self centered society. I think true art makes one happy and helps one not to think. Thinking hurts and so does post and Justice for all Mettalica. Feel free to rip on me. IDGAF:thmbsp::banana:

I would still like to know what kind of fruit he is? :scratch2:

I suppose this thread is reaching its end.......

Sovereign
12-17-2008, 09:26 PM
All I can say is if he can get the money he's smarter than all of us. Who knows, maybe Bill Gates see's his art and says, "Dang, I need four of these!" and writes him a big check. Andy Worhol painted soup can labels and made millions. It's a funny world indeed.

similost
12-17-2008, 09:29 PM
It's one thing to critique a person's work, it's another to attack their character..

Aage
12-17-2008, 09:32 PM
He wanted to make a statement, and he did. Here we all are, talking about it.

Welll, nobody has mentioned how empty TV is these days though... :scratch2:

Bauler
12-17-2008, 09:33 PM
I bet he is a tomato.

newhallone
12-17-2008, 10:08 PM
I think perhaps he is making fun of artists and art. But then again maybe not....

As far as Character I have nothing to go on so I couldn't say. At this point I agree attacking his Character is out. But by being an artist, the season in open on their mental state!

Could be Bauler! Tomato is a fruit!

Sandy G
12-18-2008, 05:31 AM
Hey, this is a free country...You can do that, as long as you ain't hurtin' anybody else. Personally, I hate to see an old TV get trashed like that, but...Maybe the CRT was busted in it, or it was otherwise too far gone to fix. That makes it a lot less bad-and who knows, maybe somebody w/more money than sense will get this & enjoy it ?

firenzeprima
12-18-2008, 06:37 AM
uuhhmmm .. seems madness to a request so high. however art is priceless!

daro
12-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Hey, the seller of this auction is the same guy who bought that mint restored CT-100 that was on the bay earlier this year. He said he had special plans for it.......

OMFG Say it aint so.

Would that mean that there is now 1 less CT-100 in the world :tears::tears::tears:

radotvguy
12-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Damm , i thought i seen everything .

newhallone
12-18-2008, 08:23 AM
I think that if there was a ct-100 on ebay it would have gone for a good price. And whoever paid that good price probably would not "waste" their investment by ruining it. Oops I mean turn it into art. So I am sure it is safe.

Sandy G
12-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Well, let's hope so, anyway...

Axcel
12-18-2008, 09:52 AM
nutz

Arkay
12-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Years ago, the phrase "con artist" was coined, as a variant form of "confidence man". This was someone who would cheat you out of your money, by first gaining your confidence.

These days, "con artist" has a second meaning: a "contemporary artist", someone who produces modern/contemporary stuff that passes for "art".

The nice thing is that you don't have to worry about which meaning is intended: contemporary artists --the people who produce "modern art"-- ARE con artists, most of the time!

If this "work" had a prestigious name attached to it and were in a famous gallery, you could add another zero on to that price, and someone would be delighted to pay it, and brag about it.

The challenge for these guys --aside from being devoid of conscience-- is to become famous and/or well-connected enough to get the high prices. It has little at all to do with the quality of what they produce for sale, 90 percent of the time. This guy might get the price, and become the next "discovery" of some dealer. ALL it would take is for some wealthy collector or famous dealer to decide to make it so. I admire the seller for trying to make it happen, for having the chutzpah to ask for that kind of price. It is no more nor less ridiculous than what is in a lot of galleries.

This corruption of the world of art has been true for nearly a half-century. Today's sellers like to portray the development of "art" as a continuous process of progress, but that is pure B.S.

Prior to the modern era of the "art industry" and "modern" art, one had to actually have some talent and produce something that was at least passable art, to become rich and famous from it. No longer.

sampson159
12-18-2008, 10:19 AM
at least this artist got us all talking about it!i dont think there is any "bashing" going on.just that some of these personality types try to enrich your life with their "art"?
interesting piece and it got alot of attention.i think its rubbish,but what do i know?
much rather see that set restored and tuned to the history channel or pbs,etc.

similost
12-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Nice Post Arkay.. And I agree with you a whole lot about what you said. In my eyes, I really see Andy Warhol as one of those con artists.. I never did think he had true talent, so much as he had a way of getting people to look at things different, then calling it art while getting the rich to follow him. He had a talent of working people. I am glad he backed The Velvet Underground though. It really brought them to the front.

As far as what I was saying about bashing the guy... OK, we don't have to like his art, or even understand him, or we can think he is out there for what he wants for this piece.. but to call the guy a moron, a fruit, and to send him nasty e-mails is attacking his character and isn't right. It is also against what this forum is about, and the rules against saying derogatory things about outsiders... Just saying... ya know... ?

Mister Tawny
12-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Okay maybe it's just me, but I can see the "art" of the piece. Art whether it's a "TV transformed" or a pop art piece like a soup can by Warhol or a blown up Steve Canyon by Lichtenstien is in the eyes of the beholder. It is clever if you think about it. But $7900? IDK, ITHN!

But I didn't buy some Warhol stuff when I was in my 20's for $500 that's worth $500K today.

bgadow
12-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Sure, I can see the art in it...but unless I am missing something, what he has done is so simple that any single one of us-even me!-could duplicate it. The price tag seems to be part of the "art". If there was regular common sense involved he would start it at 99 cents. Well, if I had a working CT-100 I'd start it at 99 cents! (well, a reserve would be involved!)

If this somehow works for him look for a thousand clones to flood the market, ASAP!

JohnVF
12-18-2008, 12:16 PM
I consider myself "artsy fartsy" and even I think this (and much of what passes for art in the many galleries around my neighborhood) to be crap. And I think the person who made it knows this, too. In fact, even this ebay listing is probably part of what he/she considers to be the 'art'. "The selling of the emptiness on ebay is yet another, further, example of the emptiness of everything..that I never even met, in person, the buyer of the emptiness is perhaps the emptiest thing of all the emptiness".

zenithfan1
12-18-2008, 01:33 PM
I agree Bryan. This could have been done by anyone with some tools and some house paint. It did NOT take any talent to do this. But, it has inspired quite a conversation. The stuff I did in high school art was at least art, i.e. etched glass and copper, oil painting, sculpture ect. You know, the stuff that takes talent to make look good. I told this guy I wouldn't pay 75 cents for his garbage and he wasted money and time to list it. He told me to piss off. I said at least my listings are selling and to take his piss off and "F" himself with it.

radiotvnut
12-18-2008, 01:40 PM
I agree Bryan. This could have been done by anyone with some tools and some house paint. It did NOT take any talent to do this. But, it has inspired quite a conversation. The stuff I did in high school art was at least art, i.e. etched glass and copper, oil painting, sculpture ect. You know, the stuff that takes talent to make look good. I told this guy I wouldn't pay 75 cents for his garbage and he wasted money and time to list it. He told me to piss off. I said at least my listings are selling and to take his piss off and "F" himself with it.

You told him the truth and the fact is that some people just don't want to hear the truth! I can't recall the times that I've tried to explain the facts of life to sellers and all I did was send them into a rage!
Speaking of rage, did you ever make that video of you destroying an LCD TV?

old_tv_nut
12-18-2008, 01:49 PM
I think, as it is presented as art, it is open to the full range of either positive or negative criticism. Negative criticism should be read and considered, but it is not proper to tell the critic that he is "bashing" the artist when he is talking about his opinion of the art. Artists need to be strong, and take the pie in the face for their art if they really think it is worthy - or take the lesson that it isn't worthy and try to do something better.

That said, I think this is, as art, just very lame. In my opinion, the artist should scrap this project and try for something better. Your opinion may differ!

zenithfan1
12-18-2008, 01:50 PM
You told him the truth and the fact is that some people just don't want to hear the truth! I can't recall the times that I've tried to explain the facts of life to sellers and all I did was send them into a rage!
Speaking of rage, did you ever make that video of you destroying an LCD TV?

No not yet, I do have the LCD though. I enjoy seeing it sit out in the snow. I promise to make it soon. I'll post a thread just for fun. And yes, the guy did not want to hear the truth. But it is just that, I made 200 bucks selling some junk from my basement in two three day listings! One thing was a 1984 JVC PC-70 "ghetto blaster" I sold it for more than I paid three years ago and it has a broken belt now!

Bstable
12-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm sorry, but it really bothers me to see people bash an artist.. We may not agree with what they do, or what they charge for their "art", but at least they are trying to get people to open their eyes and minds to think.. Just like the music we listen to, which we do pay a lot for some times...

AK - All Audio, No Attitude - Because Music Matters

Personally, unless he was a super well known and famous artist, I wound't pay his price, but I do find his idea true art..

I am with you similost. I am in no way an "ARTSY FARTSY" kind of guy. He paid $5 to make a point. I have to agree with him. Yes not ALL of what is on TV is trash, but IMHO about 90%+ is:yes: Reality shows? Give me a break. If you are entertained by that kind of program (and it is indeed your right) then all I can say is that you are very EASILY entertained. Even football pregame is so hyped up. "Well Jimmy...who do you think should be the starting quarterback for the......who cares what Jimmy thinks! He is not the coach so it really does not matter. It is totally mindless. How can we bend this insignificant matter into an hour, or day, or week of drama.

Now where is my PLAYSTATION 5...I just have to get to level 73 of "DEATHMARCH" if I am ever going to get some sleep.

Bstable
12-18-2008, 04:01 PM

..and he deserved to be attacked because...........?

newhallone
12-18-2008, 04:18 PM
I think if the artist can't stand getting ripped on they should pack it in. Did the Velvet Underground pack it in when the stuffed shirts called them freaks? Pffftt give me a break. A true artist would take it. As for this persons art.....it's a rip off. Been done before, maybe a little different but still a RE-RUN. As far as I'm concerned the artists fruitiness has nothing to do with their character. It was all in jest. No hate involved. People are overly sensitive in all the wrong ways these days. The people who scream for tolerance are the most intolerant of them all. It's my right under the constitution to make fun of whoever I want. As long as I am not crossing the bounds of slander, libel and hate. It's all good!

And apparently the according to the Artist his "ART" will not work after Feb. And judging by the comments by the majority here, since it's conception it never has.:banana:

zenithfan1
12-18-2008, 06:08 PM
..and he deserved to be attacked because...........?

Wasn't attacking. I told him my personal belief and he got pissed. What, we can't have an opinion anymore? Screw this "politically correct" BS. If I feel a certain way, I will say it. I don't care who likes it or not.

Bstable
12-18-2008, 06:14 PM
newhallone....No hate involved. People are overly sensitive in all the wrong ways these days. The people who scream for tolerance are the most intolerant of them all. It's my right under the constitution to make fun of whoever I want. As long as I am not crossing the bounds of slander, libel and hate. It's all good!

And YOU decide who, and what, and to what extent people should be sensitive. GIVE ME A BREAK. That part about the constitution is pure BS. (not knocking the constitution..just your perceived rights of it)

People like you mistake rudeness for strength, but all long as I say "It's all good" it is...... right?

As far as tolerance is concerned...you wrote that book also...I guess.
Grow up please.

zenithfan1
12-18-2008, 06:23 PM
No part of the Constitution is BS! I don't like where this thread is going. Now I'm getting pissed. There is only one here who needs to grow up Bstable, YOU. Everyone may have their opinion whether you like it or not. Who are you to criticize anyone? Like you are better than newhallone or I, I don't think so. Most people here think the "art" is bad anyways. Why are you defending it so much? Do you actually like this crap? I think YOU are the one being too sensitive. It is an ebay listing, not the end of the world. Get over it!

Bstable
12-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Wasn't attacking. I told him my personal belief and he got pissed. What, we can't have an opinion anymore? Screw this "politically correct" BS. If I feel a certain way, I will say it. I don't care who likes it or not.

My point is... Why do you care? Why go out of your way to stir things up?
Reread your last 2 sentences and tell me if you would love to live in a world where everyone thought that way. Sometimes it is a bigger sign of strength (and maturity) to say nothing. You will be a very busy person if you have voice an opinion on everything that you dislike. Why not spend your time building things up instead of the opposite. Think about it. You get it or you don't. Many unfortunately choose not to get it. My 2 cents.

BTW...Reread post #4...You asked him a simple question and he got all pissed?...Doesn't sound like it.

zenithfan1
12-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Didn't have to go out of my way, only used up about thirty seconds of my time. I asked him a question and he acted like a baby. I think anyone who sees that listing would have lots of questions. I don't always give an opinion of things I don't like, only when it peaks my interest. Being a collector and restorer of old tv sets, this peaked my interest. Now, I have wasted more time talking to you than I ever would have asking my original question. You must be pretty busy yourself, you seem to be stirring up more things than I have. That is my 2 cents. I have things to do now that are more important than arguing with you so now I am done.

batterymaker
12-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, at least this guy wasn't selling a crucifix resting in a bucket of urine and calling it "art"...:cool:

zenithfan1
12-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Sometimes it is a bigger sign of strength (and maturity) to say nothing.

One more thing before I go, it seems to me that you don't follow your own advice. If this is something you don't like, maybe you should have said nothing. Think about that.

Sandy G
12-18-2008, 06:49 PM
C'mon guys, let's remember we're all FRIENDS here, right ? Let's kinda back off the rhetoric 'n' posturing a bit...

marty59
12-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Well, at least this guy wasn't selling a crucifix resting in a bucket of urine and calling it "art"...:cool:

I can agree to that...
I think I could appreciate what this guy is doing as some form of art if it wasn't for the absurd asking price...

similost
12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
I sure didn't mean for this to take the turn it has when I said something...

The only reason I said anything was because early on, this thread was taking a turn against what this forum is about.. All audio, no attitude.... Some were taking it too far by saying they were sending e-mails calling the guy a moron and such..

If that's what you want to do, then so be it, but it really isn't the kind of things people around here like to see others brag about doing...

If people don't understand me about this, then maybe they should read the rules again? I'm not trying to be an ass about this, but others seemed to think it was cooler to bash the guy with e-mails and brag about it, than think about how some of us took their attitudes..

If e-mailing flames makes a person feel better about their selves, so be it, but it doesn't always have the same effect on others looking at them. I'm not seeing much Karma at the moment..

Eric H
12-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Well if his purpose was to get people thinking and talking about what is art then he was wildly successful, did he really expect to get that much, probably not, unless you are a "Name" you can't command that much for something that can be reproduced by anyone for less than $50.

If Warhol had done this set it would be a bargain at $7900.

zenithfan1
12-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Yeah it isn't cool to go call him names, I asked him why he is listing garbage and why such a high price. He called me names and then I told him to "F" himself but only after he snapped at me. He just didn't like to hear the truth, like radiotvnut said. The guy is acting like a baby. Just for the record, I never called him anything like a moron or such. I just voiced my opinion on his listing.

similost
12-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Yep, I informed the seller how "empty" his head must be. Now awaiting a nasty response. I have fun with people like this.:thmbsp:

Where's the Karma in this? And why brag about doing it?

newhallone
12-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Carson Daly?

zenithfan1
12-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Where's the Karma in this? And why brag about doing it?

I informed him by telling him he wasted money on listing garbage. Didn't think of it as bragging, but I did however expect a nasty response. I have been on ebay for a long time and know what to expect from people like that. Boy, it sure seems like a lot of people have extra time on their hands analyzing what I say on a forum.

similost
12-18-2008, 08:33 PM
I give... Glad you feel better for letting him know that and sharing it with us...

zenith2134
12-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, I've been staying away from this one, but....

Bstable, I don't see anything wrong with Zenithfan1 emailing the guy. Just my opinion. People like this often make a fortune on eBay by scamming other buyers, and at the same time, by destroying sets which we enjoy restoring.

Remember the RCA roundie on eBay from like a year ago where we all emailed the guy who gutted it and he said he threw out the chassis and tube? Waste. They ain't making any more of these.

And please don't say the Constitution is stupid or inadequate. IMHO, it is the unconstitutional BS that will ruin this country. (Political rant over)

Wolverine
12-21-2008, 06:26 AM
Wow just found this thread and from a quick scan it seems we have managed to roll Art-Politics-televisions and E-Bay into one thread. Welcome to the internet!

My two cents.....okay maybe $2........ :D

People's taste in Art varies and is a personal decision on both the creator and the viewer. If you don't like the piece that is your choice and you move on. If you feel compelled to voice your opinion of the piece then you should base it on the work itself and what it was trying to achieve. ( The price of the piece should not be a consideration no matter how much we dislike the piece or think it is a "scam"). In looking at it and reading the seller's line below; it strikes me that the artist here is just riffing on what the DaDaism was saying over 80 years ago. Anyone here recall Marcel Duchamp's "Fountain" which was actually a urinal from a Paris bathroom??

So if I did not like this piece (personally I don't care for it) and wanted to say something to the artist I probably would just mention his unoriginality rather than resort to calling the piece garbage or engage in personal attacks. Is E-Bay the right forum for attacking/criticizing someone's art? I don't know- the internet adds a bit of a twist. On one hand I would not walk into some modern Art gallery and start yelling out my opinions of the Art. (Yes-The Constitution would allow me to do so but it being a private business I would soon be arrested for Disturbing the Peace). However I think E-Bay is kind of like a public sidewalk and this guy is doing what other artist have been doing for hundreds of years by displaying his work (and its price) to the public so he is going to get the publics opinion in a various forms and many of them will not be discussing the piece in artistic terms, which has also been the case for hundreds of years.

As for some of what has gone on within this thread I would just say that we should not engage in personal attacks whatever the subject manner. If you want to disagree with someone then fine - do it by attacking their positions and not the person. Also assigning motives and political believes that were not evident in someone's response should be avoided. It is more difficult I know and lacks the personal satisfaction some people get when telling another person to "F-off" but it does make for a more interesting thread.

newhallone
12-21-2008, 08:38 AM
I find this last post highly offensive. And it attacks the character of all previous posters. This is not what this forum is about.

Here we go again!:)

Wolverine
12-21-2008, 09:02 AM
I find this last post highly offensive. And it attacks the character of all previous posters. This is not what this forum is about.

Here we go again!:)

Aw F-off.... :D

sampson159
12-21-2008, 10:27 AM
who was attacked? from what i read,it was just some opinions.most of us dont like the piece.i personally feel that it is garbage-painted yes,but still garbage.i think people should stop being so sensitive.everyones offended.i was personally offended by the hacking up of a piece of vintage electronic equipment.this is the wrong site for the art crowd to visit.as i said before,i would rather have seen this set restored and tuned the history channel,pbs,discovery,ovation,etc.there is some valuable programming out there,you just have to drop your paintbrush and find it.this post is coming from an artist.

zenithfan1
12-22-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm with you Ron, and please, PLEASE people, don't get me all started up again on this "art":D

Axcel
12-22-2008, 06:53 PM
is it art imho no ( to each there own)
are we wasting are time getting are shorts in a knot imho yes

chicks
12-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Um, CAVERNES? I imagine that most real artists can at least spell correctly, if they're trying to make some deep point.