View Full Version : Digital Conversion: Public Service Announcement

Njord Noatun
11-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Check it out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTSS8E7bKXg), if nothing else just for the laugh.

Can't decide if it is a joke or not. The lady sounds a bit like me.

radiotvnut
11-14-2008, 07:35 PM
I know this video was meant to be a joke; but, it may actually depict reality for a good many people. I've already had to set up several DTV converters for friends and relatives because they were lost on what to do. I also see myself helping out a few more people in the near future. And, they are not all old! This takes me back to the '90's when some people would come to buy a used TV from me and they would tell me "I want one of those knob tuner sets. I don't want one of those new pushbutton models because I know I'll mess something up".

markdi
11-14-2008, 08:14 PM
That was very funny.

zenithfan1
11-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I saw that on tv. Did anyone notice that she is sitting at a Desktop PC but they show her type on a MacBook? Not very well edited, oh well, what is made well these days. Sheesh.

newhallone
11-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I remember once my dad sent me down the road to show this old guy how to run his vcr. He just drug it home from his ex's place to watch some free football tape that came with his cigarettes. He had no clue and was extremely hammered . IT was not easy....Then he started crying about his son who was having some medical problems. I was not to happy with my old man that day. Makes for a story tho!

radiotvnut
11-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Theres this very old lady that I know that likes to timer record a church service on her VCR while she attends another church service. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to her house to set the timer and verify that everything is working just to have her call me on the phone and chew me out because her televised church service didn't record. I always discover that the problem is that she will not leave a remote alone and screws up everything in the process. I'm glad she has cable because she would be up a creek with the DTV transition.

jpdylon
11-14-2008, 09:48 PM
wish I had a few of those odd sets in that video...