View Full Version : '66 Admiral Convergence

ihmeyers
11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I am trying to tweak the convergence on my Admiral. I have it looking pretty good though I can't seem to get it right on anymore than about 65% of the screen. I'd like to adjust the 4 sets of pots (left, right, top and bottom) but there is one set that I need a special tool for. The other 3 sets have pots with knobs I can turn, but the fourth set looks like coils, not pots and requires a special tool. Does anyone know what kind of tool it needs and where i can get it?

Thanks!

jpdylon
11-04-2008, 10:01 AM
you need a plastic hex tool. I'm not sure if you can get one tool alone - usually you can get an alignment tool kit that has all the common plastic hex tools for tweaking coils. The kit is around 10-15 bucks.

Don't try to use any metal hex wrenches on the coils. The electrical effects will make the coil crumble.

edison64
11-04-2008, 10:02 AM
radio shack used to sell a set of alignment tools, really just a set of plastis hex head drivers they look like double ended straight allen wrenches. allen wrenches will fit but the steel throws the inductance and impedeance way off.

freakaftr8
11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Thats where I got mine! Radio Shack still has them..

ihmeyers
11-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks all. I ended up buying the super-duper Radio-TV alignment kit from Ocean State Electronics. Cost $40 and probably more than I need, but since I'm not sure what size tool I'll need for the Admiral figured I get this one.