View Full Version : 1967 RCA combo

captainmoody
05-22-2004, 12:10 PM
The RCA combo that I purchased on ebay for 1.00 arrived today,
Not in bad shape for the age and it cleaned up really well.
Actually it still works pretty good and will need only minor work to make it 100%.
I find the speaker arrangement interesting, If you look at the largest one it looks almost exactly like the early sixties style GE used in their premium consoles.
The stereo in this unit has great sound quality but not as much power as my Magnavox combo.
I like the power tuning also and have always found it an interesting feature on this model as well as my 1967 Zenith.

captainmoody
05-22-2004, 12:11 PM
another pic

Markw
05-22-2004, 12:15 PM
What are the dimensions of those big speakers? They look larger than the standard 6 X 9's. I'd hate to try to find a replacment.

captainmoody
05-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Not sure, I put the tv back together already. I can tell you that they are at least 1 foot wide though.

jstout66
05-22-2004, 05:17 PM
that is one nice set Dwight!!!!!!!! How in the world was it shipped?!?

captainmoody
05-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Jim at General Delivery. Very reasonable!

Sandy G
05-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Dwight, is it hybrid, tooobs or completely solid state ? Nice set, at any rate. Good score !! Tickles me- there's a thread elsewhere here about not havig enuff room for hi-end audio toys. They oughta have a few of these bad boys to deal with...HehHehHeh...-Sandy G.

Jeffhs
05-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by captainmoody
Actually it still works pretty good and will need only minor work to make it 100%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the CRT has cataracts...or is that just from the camera flash? What other work will you have to do on this set to bring it back to full performance?

BTW, yes, I agree, that is a very nice combo. From the front it looks almost like an RCA G-2000.

BTW (2): I can't help but wonder. Where do you put those big console TVs you have? Both your Magnavox and the RCA are huge consoles. In your basement, perhaps?

captainmoody
05-23-2004, 02:47 PM
It has the delaminating problem, But I am going to wait for winter before doing any repairs as I am very busy during the summer!
I have built stands that hold two of these combos at a time safely.
Has freed up a lot of room in the basement...