View Full Version : RCA CTC5 Photofact Folder

Rental Limo
10-20-2008, 07:22 PM
I just found a box of old Sams Photofact Folders in the garbage. Most of the folders were 1950-1960 BW set folders, but i happened to find a RCA CTC5 Photofact folder model 21-CD-7895U. Did i hit the goldmine finding this particular folder, or is it worthless?

reeferman
10-20-2008, 07:34 PM
hate to say it, but it is the latter of the two.

reeferman
10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
hate to say it, but it is the latter of the two.

ChrisW6ATV
10-21-2008, 12:52 AM
I would sure not call it worthless. I already found the right set for my CTC-5 (it is from Set 358 that you have, right?), but there will be someone else on the forum who needs one sooner or later. Send it to the next person who asks about one, and you may be repaid when you need help as well.

Rental Limo
10-21-2008, 01:05 AM
I would sure not call it worthless. I already found the right set for my CTC-5 (it is from Set 358 that you have, right?), but there will be someone else on the forum who needs one sooner or later. Send it to the next person who asks about one, and you may be repaid when you need help as well.

Yes it was from set 358, but all the photofacts were sporadic years, and not in binders. They were just basically all piled in a box. I also found a photofact for a 1956 Capehart CXC 13 color set.

zenithfan1
10-21-2008, 08:56 AM
I can use them! I have a CTC5 Wingate. I have the RCA manual but not a Photofact. I can pick them up with the Space Command 300 I'm coming for. Please hold on to them for me! I'll take the whole box! Thanks!

kx250rider
10-21-2008, 11:23 AM
They're available new from Sams, so it isn't a collectors item. However, with so many new, up & coming collectors, I'm sure someone will appreciate your find! Now if you found an orginal RCA factory service manual for the 5 (or any other early color set), eBay usually will bring $20 or more.

Charles

kbmuri
10-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Supply and demand, like everything else, determines its worth. Pretty low supply. Very low demand. The going rate for one of that vintage on eBay is 5 bucks a pop -- IF it sells. It sells when somebody has the TV and needs to fix it, and then 5 bucks is a deal. Nobody has a '50s set as their prime watcher, and no repairman wants to touch them, so all that leaves is us collectors. As far as I know, there's only one Capehart color TV in existence, so your audience for that one is rather limited. I guess I'd pay a couple bucks for one, just to look thru, but I'm probably the only Capehart collector around who's that curious.

If you have number 268-11 (An RCA B/W console) I'll pay $5 for that. Might not hurt to list what you've got. Maybe a few others will chip in a few bux that way.

wa2ise
10-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Yes it was from set 358

That seems fitting, as the chroma subcarrier is at ~ 3.58 MHz. :D

bgadow
10-21-2008, 02:28 PM
For what it's worth, I have a pile of Sams, including a lot of duplicates. If anyone is ever looking for one drop me a line and I'll see if I have it.

zenithfan1
10-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Now if you found an orginal RCA factory service manual for the 5 (or any other early color set), eBay usually will bring $20 or more.

Charles

I have one, I bought it on the bay maybe a month ago for like 5 bucks! It's in nice shape too! It even came with an issue of RCA Service News from '56 hidden inside.