View Full Version : Halicrafters T-67

wiseguy
09-25-2002, 05:28 PM
anyone ever seen one of these?.. hallicrafters T-67,1948,tabletop set has 2 chassis's,one part is powersupply/flyback,the other 3/4 is pushbutton tuner and everything else,
one thing i am confused about is the speaker (see pics) uses a field coil instead of a PM magnet...why is that?..
I am thinking of putting it on e-bay as I prefer a matching color set next to my ct-100..
terry;)

wiseguy
09-25-2002, 05:31 PM
here is the rear of the set,sorry the other pic turned out blurry..
this show's the speaker..
terry

wiseguy
09-25-2002, 05:34 PM
hope this turns out

Marlin Mackley
09-25-2002, 06:58 PM
Dear Wise:
Great set! I really like Hallicrafter's looks. I have never seen one of these up close and personal. Come to think of it there isn't a picture of one in the collector books I have either.

Marlin

Rob
09-25-2002, 07:38 PM
Terry,

That is a very nice Halli. The field coil speaker is a hangover from the early radio days, but is quite uncommon to find in post war TV's. It is as you probably know useful in the B+ supply to double duty as a filter choke. Hallicrafters seemed to like to put B+ chokes in their TV's. My T-54 has a real choke transformer, even though what it should have gotten was a real power transformer!

I have a 1947 Admiral wooden consolette with the 30A13 chassis that uses a field-coil speaker. My Pilot TV-37 also uses one.

Rob

Kamakiri
09-26-2002, 07:46 AM
I had that exact same set for a long time, it just sat on my shelf. Sold it at the Rochester AWA meet a year ago I think. Actually if I remember correctly it went with two other sets to a lucky buyer.

Wonder if that's my old one? :D

I think I have the Sams laying around if you need one.

wiseguy
09-26-2002, 08:02 AM
I actually bought this set from the original family,this older guy told me his dad paid around $400.00 for it and it was a employee discount at that price,then he said his mom and dad got into a big fight about the amount of money he spend,it is in great shape,original back,and original factory service manual.
I ran into some strange intermitt problems after re-orangedropping the 2 chassis's.very intermitt video.. what i found was the rivets that hold the video i.f tube sockets inplace had ground lugs also.so the componets attached to ground on the lugs were making intermitt contact..
terry