View Full Version : Stupid Pay Pal

newhallone
09-18-2008, 11:08 PM
I have been waiting for my caps from Canada for over 3 weeks. I just looked closer at the emailed receipt and Pay Pal stuck my old address for the shipping address. How they could confirm my address when my mastercard does not even use that address is beyond me. I have used pay pal a lot lately and I never had this problem. I guess I should have looked closer at the receipt but gee wiz when you type in your address it should use the one you type in. Pay pal is evil! Now my projects are delayed. I was hoping to recap my test equipment before the snow comes so I can work on some sets over the winter.

I am going to the post office tomorrow but without a tracking number I think I am out of luck. I emailed Just Radio's to let them know. so we'll see what happens... ARRRRRGH!

zenithfan1
09-18-2008, 11:26 PM
You're not alone, I've had more than enough issues with Pay Pal. I hope you get your caps, it sucks waiting for something that may never show up. At least Just Radios will do what they can, they are great.

radiotvnut
09-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Once, I bought a turntable off greedbay. I sent the seller a money order and sat back and waited on my TT to arrive. After several weeks of waiting, I did not get a TT. What I got was an email from the seller wanting to know where his money was. To make a long story short, the payment address on greedbay was the seller's OLD address! He claimed he updated his address with greedbay; but, it obviously never got updated. A few weeks later, after the post office finally got around to forwarding the payment to the new address, I recieved my turntable. PayPal and greedbay are one in the same. So, go figure!

kx250rider
09-19-2008, 12:08 PM
That "confirmed address" cr*p is the dumbest thing ever. All of my banking & billing correspondence goes to my PO Box, which is OK for US Mail but NOT for UPS or Fedex shipping, and Kay's banking and credit card statements go to her accountant in Dallas, and the bills get automatically paid. So we have NO way of "confirming" our address. Usually when I eMail an eBay seller whom requires "confirmed addresses only" and explain, they're OK with it. If not, no sale!

Charles

newhallone
09-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Well I made some phone calls and got the number of the folks who have my old place and they have the package. My parents will be out that way next week so they will stop by and pick it up for me. Yeah. I went through my pay pal and I think I fixed everything. Hopefully it will stay that way this time.

zenithfan1
09-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Excellent......Let the recapping commence!!