View Full Version : Check This Out

edison64
09-18-2008, 08:11 PM
If this is true wow wee!!! Has anyone else noticed this??? heres the info, no connection.1952 Philco Color Television - $500 (Atlanta)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-845611494@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-09-18, 11:46AM EDT

This tv's electronics work, but the tv does not come on. I believe it just needs a new tube.

It is encased in a beautiful cabinet. This tv was purchased at an estate sale 10 years ago. At the time (1952) this TV was the top of the line.

A similar tv may be seen at: http://www.myvintagetv.com/philco_color.htm

Mine is the same tv, but there is slight water damage to the wood on the top of the TV.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 845611494

edison64
09-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Ok. I just sent the person an e-mail, for more actual pix and chassis and mod numbers lets see what happens.

electroking
09-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Man, that would be early!

stromberg6
09-18-2008, 09:57 PM
I also love it when they say "Could be a short".

kx250rider
09-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Between this and the CT-100 on CL, I think some pranksters are at work!

Charles

edison64
09-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Ok. I still have not been contacted by them, SUPRIZE!

Blast
09-19-2008, 08:59 PM
I also love it when they say "Could be a short".

"Probably just a fuse"

ChuckA
09-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Back in March, 2007 I received this email:

Dear Chuck,
I own one of the 1952 Philco Prototype Color Televisions that I bought at an estate sale several years ago. When plugging it in, there is some electronic life to it, but no picture. it is my hope to one day have it restored.
I live in Atlanta, Georgia and I am not aware of anyone who could restore this television other than yourself. Could you please advise me on what I might do and how much it might cost to have this television restored? I would appreciate it very much.
Best Regards,
C

My reply to him was:

C

I would like to talk to you about the set, rather than email. Either give me a call, or send me your # and a good time to call.

Chuck

His reply to that:

Chuck,

Thanks for the reply. I will try to give you a call sometime this week.

Thanks,

C

And as you can pretty much guess that was the end of the correspondence.

Chuck

Phil Nelson
09-20-2008, 08:41 PM
And as you can pretty much guess that was the end of the correspondence.
Reminds me of the email I got a few years ago from someone claiming to have discovered a Zenith Stratosphere radio in a basement. The "owner" never responded to my reply. I concluded it was a prank, after a few months went by with no hint of such a radio coming onto the market, or another collector crowing over his find.

Some people have too much time on their hands . . .

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html