View Full Version : Anyone outputted computer display to a roundie?

Aussie Bloke
05-07-2004, 04:24 AM
Hi all.

I can successfully output my computer display to my 1970s Toshiba colour TV set through my VCR and get a good picture of my Windows desktop, not as sharp but good picture anyway.

Out of curiosity I wonder if anyone here has tried outputting their computer display to a 1950s or 1960s round tube colour TV via the VCR or through other methods?

If anyone has successfully done this I'd love to see some shots of your roundie displaying Windows, a program, computer game or whatever else.

Cheers
Troy

Shain
05-07-2004, 08:34 AM
You can get graphics cards for your computer, that have two outputs, for a direct connection to TV. (for display), and the normal monitor output.

The graphics card has two outputs. Uses the normal PC monitor, and also a connector to a TV. The card comes with a cable to connect the card to the TV jacks.

This is for newer TVs equipped with the video jacks. Maybe you could come up with a jack set up for the TV.

I have one used for CAD work.

Just an idea, maybe could be used some how.

Charlie
05-08-2004, 10:36 AM
I ran my S-video output thru an adapter supplied with my laptop to my two Curtis Mathes sets... one being a roundie color and the other being b&w. Both worked fine, and then a friend stopped by and laughed at me!

Looking at my "desktop" was really strange on a roundie!

At least now I know I'm not the only one that's done this!

Steve D.
05-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Troy,
Not sure if this qualifies but the color bars and DuMont color test pattern off screen images on my web page were taken off the internet. The pictures were fed from my WEBTV box to the antenna imput on the CT-100. WEBTV is designed to provide internet access through your regular tv set and seems to work fine with vintage tube sets. My page was also constructed through WEBTV.
Steve

http://community.webtv.net/stevetek/StevesCT100

Aussie Bloke
05-10-2004, 03:16 AM
Hi Steve. I remember you mentioning that in one of your emails, but thanks anyways. I'm the Aussie bloke that normally emails you from funkydud@1earth.net always asking a million questions about vintage colour TV hehehe.

Cheers
Troy