View Full Version : Advertising of COLOR TV SET in the Newspapers.

firenzeprima
08-27-2008, 05:57 AM
I am convinced that it is interesting to open a session to discuss advertising about TV SET on magazines in the years of the advent of color television in various European countries. Try to see how each industry, both at European level, both nationally promotes its TV SET with slogans and images. I can show you that of Italy in 1976. I would like to see in other states like this phenomenon has developed. Note that some brands of TV sET no longer exist killed by Royalties and giants European industry.

Here are some pictures. then they publish others

firenzeprima
08-27-2008, 10:32 AM
here another adversiting .... is it interesting to note that in the color TV SET CREZAR (italian factory) has control chromatic HUE (the slaider down under the commands) typical TV SET Americans.

firenzeprima
08-28-2008, 01:22 AM
here another adversiting ....

firenzeprima
08-28-2008, 01:34 AM
here another adversiting .... part 4

wa2ise
08-28-2008, 02:04 AM
Back in the 50's and 60's, newspapers were strictly printed in B&W, which would make advertising color TV a little difficult.... :D

What's B&W and read all over?.... :scratch2: :D (everyone has heard this one in around 3rd grade....)

firenzeprima
08-28-2008, 04:52 AM
Back in the 50's and 60's, newspapers were strictly printed in B&W, which would make advertising color TV a little difficult.... :D

What's B&W and read all over?.... :scratch2: :D (everyone has heard this one in around 3rd grade....)

certainly these advertisements were published in magazines weekly or monthly. It would be interesting that other subscribers could put advertisements in their countries for a comparison. for advertising in B & W also see the color print some brand used the B & W for their color TV SET

firenzeprima
08-28-2008, 07:33 AM
again and again ,,,,

old_tv_nut
08-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks for posting the images!

old_tv_nut
08-29-2008, 10:23 PM
In the U.S. there were ads for other brands of color TV besides RCA only when color first color was available. The other manufacturers then dropped out of the market until the 1960s.

old_tv_nut
08-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Motels advertised having TV in the rooms - but it was especially interesting when they began to advertise COLOR TV. Sometimes they only had color TV in the lounge, or only in some rooms.

I was going to post some examples, but the file attachment controls don't seem to be working ???

firenzeprima
08-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Motels advertised having TV in the rooms - but it was especially interesting when they began to advertise COLOR TV. Sometimes they only had color TV in the lounge, or only in some rooms.

I was going to post some examples, but the file attachment controls don't seem to be working ???

you are unable to include a photo? perhaps they are too large as a file? here in Italy in the 1974 - 1975 years only in bars had located the color TV SET, which were used as attraction for customers, when there were sporting events or movies interesting mainly transmitted by foreign television stations (France, Switzerland, Montacarlo, Koper) the bar is filled to people who came to see the broadcast in color. I saw for the first time a broadcast in color in a bar to the seaside in September 1971. the color TV SET was with the French system SECAM and received the signal of Antenne 2 from Corsica. I remember it was a documentary on nature.

firenzeprima
08-30-2008, 12:54 PM

I was referring to print media in general. Obviously,:D:D:D

firenzeprima
08-30-2008, 01:15 PM
here another tv color set ........

wa2ise
08-30-2008, 02:10 PM
I was referring to print media in general. Obviously,:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D

Anyway, back in the 60's or 70's, Mad Magazine did an article "Stupidity in Advertising". One of the things they mention was the advertising of color TV sets in TV commercials. Showing how great a picture the TV can produce. Well, if you had a set good enough to see the difference, you don't need to buy this TV. If all you have is a B&W, you can't see what's being demonstrated. :scratch2: So this TV commercial would be rather pointless, other than just the brand name mention. :D

I imagine that an imaginative enough copy writer could make a compelling newspaper ad for color TV to be published in a B&W paper (other than just an announcement of a big sale on TVs this week).

old_tv_nut
08-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Here are a few examples of hotel/motel ads

old_tv_nut
08-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Here are two RCA ads from 1966 showing the transition from round to rectangular - nearly the same, but on the left mostly round screens and on the right mostly rectangular.

Captain Video
08-30-2008, 10:38 PM
This one is from 1973, the second year of color TV broadcasting in Brazil. This brand, "Colorado" was a Brazilian factory long extinct.

firenzeprima
08-31-2008, 12:39 AM
:D:D:D:D:D

Anyway, back in the 60's or 70's, Mad Magazine did an article "Stupidity in Advertising". One of the things they mention was the advertising of color TV sets in TV commercials. Showing how great a picture the TV can produce. Well, if you had a set good enough to see the difference, you don't need to buy this TV. If all you have is a B&W, you can't see what's being demonstrated. :scratch2: So this TV commercial would be rather pointless, other than just the brand name mention. :D

I imagine that an imaginative enough copy writer could make a compelling newspaper ad for color TV to be published in a B&W paper (other than just an announcement of a big sale on TVs this week).

as you know in advertising not say never lies, but only large exaggerations .......:D

firenzeprima
08-31-2008, 12:44 AM
This one is from 1973, the second year of color TV broadcasting in Brazil. This brand, "Colorado" was a Brazilian factory long extinct.

thanks for the pic!. but the brand built by Colorado if his TV SET, or the chassis bought from other brands? Italy, for example, some brands of color TV SET bought the chassis by others and selling them under its own brand

firenzeprima
08-31-2008, 12:53 AM
Here are a few examples of hotel/motel ads

thanks you very much!

wa2ise
08-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Here are two RCA ads from 1966

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106450&d=1220151762
Wow. "Solid copper circuits". :scratch2: Circuit boards? So far as I know, they always used copper wire or traces in TVs. :scratch2:

old_tv_nut
08-31-2008, 09:09 PM
Yep, printed circuits. Remember, Zenith was advertising "Hand wired - no production shortcuts!"