View Full Version : Panasonic cable box remote

radiotvnut
08-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I have a Panasonic TZ-PC1703N cable box. I like this box because it has a volume control. Someone left old batteries in the remote and they leaked (big time) inside the remote and ruined it. I have tried all of the garden variety remotes (one for all, RCA, Philips) and none of them work.

Does anyone have a Panasonic remote for this box or know of a universal remote that will control it.

I want a box with a volume control for the RCA CTC97 in the living room. My Mother is getting tired of having to get up and adjust the volume at the set. At present, I have a VCR connected to the TV to receive the cable channels. She's already pushing me to find a "modern" TV for the living room. I think she'll be happy with the old one if I can either find a remote for this box or find another box with a volume control.

I see the nicer analog cable boxes on greedbay all the time; but, I can't justify investing $50 in something that might be worthless in the near future. I'm on Comcast and I don't know how long it will be before they stop analog delivery. I assume the digital cable boxes on greedbay will be totally worthless unless I have digital cable.