View Full Version : Grundig Super Color 6042

firenzeprima
08-08-2008, 10:05 AM
This model will have two identical, one does the other'm trying to repair it. types are "all solid state" in line with pipe A66 500X. the first tube line philips. 12 channels stored tune with manual varicap diodes. the first series of color TV with Grundig indicator line on the screen and clock, remote control. absorption 190W to 220V. selling price in 1976 about 870,000 lira equivalent to around 450 euros at the time.

Kiwick
08-08-2008, 10:33 AM
i had this set about 10 years ago, mine had the fake wood cabinet, it had an electronic OSD clock and channel display!

Sadly, mine had a bad flyback and the cabinet was in poor conditions so i finally scrapped it, i still have the modules and the excellent 4x8" speaker

firenzeprima
08-08-2008, 11:38 AM
i had this set about 10 years ago, mine had the fake wood cabinet, it had an electronic OSD clock and channel display!

Sadly, mine had a bad flyback and the cabinet was in poor conditions so i finally scrapped it, i still have the modules and the excellent 4x8" speaker

I of these I have two. one works and the other not. and now I'm trying to repair the second which presents an abnormal absorption almost short-circuit that opens a resistance of protection, I have modules, transformers in this series. I have about 25 pieces by type of card. I also diagnose the grundig adapter for the diagnosis. will confirm the tv has time and channel on the screen and the indicator line for manual search of the channels.
but you're Italian or not, because you wrote me sometimes in a proper italian and sometimes in English

Kiwick
08-09-2008, 07:52 AM
i'm italian, but i have some relatives in the US... i'm usually writing in english so that everyone here on AK can read my messages.

I once had a grundig with the same problem as yours, a safety resistor overheated and opened, mine turned out to have a shorted thyristor in the line output stage due to dry joints

tradotto in italiano:

Sono italiano, ma ho dei parenti negli stati uniti, di solito scrivo in inglese in modo che tutti gli utenti di AK possano leggere i miei messaggi.

Ho avuto anche io un grundig con una resistenza fusibile che si apriva, era dovuta ad uno dei tiristori di riga in corto, che era saltato a causa di saldature fredde.

firenzeprima
08-09-2008, 09:57 AM
i'm italian, but i have some relatives in the US... i'm usually writing in english so that everyone here on AK can read my messages.

I once had a grundig with the same problem as yours, a safety resistor overheated and opened, mine turned out to have a shorted thyristor in the line output stage due to dry joints

tradotto in italiano:

Sono italiano, ma ho dei parenti negli stati uniti, di solito scrivo in inglese in modo che tutti gli utenti di AK possano leggere i miei messaggi.

Ho avuto anche io un grundig con una resistenza fusibile che si apriva, era dovuta ad uno dei tiristori di riga in corto, che era saltato a causa di saldature fredde.
ah ah explained the busillis then, so live in Italy like me. then see how the photos in attach, I exchanged chassih and color TV failure is lit, this will escude the form convergence, the deflection yoke of the line. I have replaced almost everything: trysitori, all electrolytic capacitors, diodes especially on the deflection, the processor line, capacitors to polyester ect ect. but still abnormal on a short paragraph 5 of diagnosis. now I washed the casing failure and look carefully. you know I will.

Kiwick
08-09-2008, 12:51 PM
it shouldn't be too difficult to find whatever has shorted by disconnecting the components on the circuit fed by the overheating resistor one by one until the short disappears...

There might even be a wire shorting to the metal chassis frame, also check those tiny drop-shaped tantalum capacitors as they often go dead short

Non dovrebbe essere troppo difficile trovare il corto staccando i componenti uno ad uno nel circuito a valle della resistenza che surriscalda fino a che non scompare il corto

Potrebbe anche esserci un cavo che fa' corto verso il telaio metallico dello chassis, controlla anche i piccoli condensatori al tantalio a forma di goccia perche' spesso vanno in corto sparato...

firenzeprima
08-09-2008, 12:59 PM
all modules I tried them on the TV set that works and I am ok, tantalum capacitors to have them replaced in the area of ht, absorption is so high that the resistance from 11W 6.2 ohm heats terribly the first to open, I believe that could be like saying, you a wire that goes to tap the chassih. I have now dismantled the chassis and the control point by point, then I expect 2 indesit color, a philips multistandard michelangiolo k9 saba and a challenger in color. do you know? a tv set very similar to philco predicta.

tutti i moduli li ho provati sul tv set che funziona e sono ok, i condensatori al tantalio li ho sostituiti nella zona del ht, l'assorbimento è talmente alto che la resitenza da 11W 6,2 ohm scalda terribilmente prima di aprirsi, credo che potrebbe essere come dici, tu un filo che va a toccare lo chassih. adesso ho il telaio smontato e lo controllo punto per punto, poi mi aspettano 2 indesit a colori, un philips multistandard michelangiolo k9 e un saba challenger a colori. conosci? un tv set molto simile al philco predicta

firenzeprima
08-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Franceco,
please know how to replace tyristori? I think I have fulminates two H and R and they are not here anymore. there is a way to replace them with something equivalent? thanks Fernando

Kiwick
08-12-2008, 06:53 PM
are your thyristors metal or plastic cased?
let me know the codes, i think i have them

I thyristor sono in plastica o metallo?
fammi sapere i codici, probabilmente li ho io.

firenzeprima
08-13-2008, 01:49 AM
are your thyristors metal or plastic cased?
let me know the codes, i think i have them

I thyristor sono in plastica o metallo?
fammi sapere i codici, probabilmente li ho io.

I thank you, but first to take advantage of your courtesy, I seek here in Florence if any of them had TV repairers,
the tryristors are made in Metal case, this model, have one of them, with diode built inside, the brand are siemens or Toshiba.

but is not possible built a compatible couple?

Kiwick
08-13-2008, 05:30 AM
i think you can replace them with plastic thyristors used in later sets, but of course if you can fit correct metal ones it would be a better job as they fit straight into their sockets without having to modify anything.

E' possibile sostituirli con gli equivalenti in plastica usati nei Tv piu' recenti, ma ovviamente sarebbe meglio usare quelli metallici che entrano nei loro zoccolo senza modificare nulla.

firenzeprima
08-13-2008, 05:37 AM
i think you can replace them with plastic thyristors used in later sets, but of course if you can fit correct metal ones it would be a better job as they fit straight into their sockets without having to modify anything.

E' possibile sostituirli con gli equivalenti in plastica usati nei Tv piu' recenti, ma ovviamente sarebbe meglio usare quelli metallici che entrano nei loro zoccolo senza modificare nulla.

you but also those with case TO220 can be used simply bend to 90° his terminai. only that the "R" you must add an external diode, I think a BVY 95, as in the metal version is included in his case. but apart from that not exist other ways to adjust other types also metal screw? in Florence in the shop where I have the servant type "R" like surplus, but not the "H".