View Full Version : L.A. discovers Columbus

Steve D.
04-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Looking forward to the ETF convention this weekend. Myself and fellow forum member Steve K. will be flying in Fri. I know of several other So. Cal collectors also planning to attend. I missed last years get together and this will be my first visit to Steve Mc's museum. It will be great to meet and chat with all my fellow AKers, the other vintage TV folks and see Steve's collection. Especially, in my case, the early color sets.
Steve Dichter (Steve D.)

heathkit tv
04-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Dang it, am so out of the loop concerning these radio/tv swap meets!!!!! This is the first I've heard about this one ARGH

To top it off I have to help someone move, attend a car show swap meet, and give a buddy a hand at the junk yard. This'll be one blurry weekend.

When are where is the next electronics swap meet in or around Northern Calif? Given advance notice I'd be willing to buzz down to LA.

Anthony

Kirk
04-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi Steve,

Look foreward to seeing you and others at the convention! I am driving in from Plainville, Ct. (Near Hartford). I will have Henry from Massachusetts with me.

I hope we have name tags! If not, I will put one on!

Take care and see ya!

polaraman
04-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Polaraman will be at the Mopars at the Battleship car show in Mobile bay Alabama. It was a hard decision not to attend the Tv convention. I missed the car show last year to having 24 Hour guard duty. I will most certainly stop at all interesting looking antique stores in search of a old TV. Plus a stop at the Bates Turkey farm for a turkey sandwich. (I-65 in Greenville) The only time I get near Columbus is Mopar Nationals. Next year I will have to pass on the Battleship show and attend the Tv convention. Will be interested in getting a full report on the Early television web page. It is really nice to have such an event. It will help us preserve out television heritage. Hopefully we will not have to form a political group to stop scrappage legislation efforts by those whom oppose our hobby.

polaraman

Big Dave
04-21-2004, 08:34 PM
For those of you attending the ETF swapmeet...

You'll love the museum. Steve has done a great job. His CT-100 and Westinghouse have pictures that will blow away the modern junk. I'll see you there. If the weather cooperates, I will be displaying my Andrea (oops, wrong thread) and an RCA portable i scored last year. Perhaps we should set up a display for AK'ers.

heathkit tv
04-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Details please, or don't I deserve this info cuz I don't know the secret hand shake? I *do* have my decoder ring, doesn't that count for something?

Anthony

Chad Hauris
04-22-2004, 06:04 AM
This is the Early Television Museum convention in Columbus, Ohio...the web site is www.earlytelevision.org.
I can't go to the convention but was able to go to the museum on a trip to Ohio last June...saw the CT-100 and the Westinghouse color set, also the Dumont Royal Soveriegn. It was quite a treat to see these rare sets operating.

Sandy G
04-22-2004, 07:21 AM
Would give my eyeteeth to go...Suffering from a SERIOUS lack of dinero. Always next year....<sigh>-Sandy G.

heathkit tv
04-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the link and info. Won't be able to attend but sure hope that someone is taping this historic event. Put me down for a copy if one will be available.

Anthony