View Full Version : 29JC20 on ebay

drh4683
04-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Another color set showed up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3638&item=3287931688&rd=1

Whats going on? color sets are showing up on ebay now!

heathkit tv
04-18-2004, 11:46 PM
Thats a cool set, but the buyer has his location listed as "Lighthouse View"

What is it with people and their cutesy ideas of avoiding stating where they actually are? This ding dong doesn't so much as indicate the zip code although he does give a general clue that he's somewhere near NY, NJ, PA

Newsflash, it's an important thing to disclose so other's can calculate shipping costs and time factor.

Anthony

Carmine
04-19-2004, 05:14 AM
What is it with people and their cutesy ideas of avoiding stating where they actually are? This ding dong doesn't so much as indicate the zip code although he does give a general clue that he's somewhere near NY, NJ, PA

Same thing I've thought on more than one occassion!

Very truly yours,

Carmine

By the shores of beautiful Lac Ste. Claire, just three miles north of historic 8 mile RD.

Jeffhs
04-20-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by heathkit tv
Thats a cool set, but the buyer has his location listed as "Lighthouse View"

Newsflash, it's an important thing to disclose so other's can calculate shipping costs and time factor.

Anthony

That 29JC20 is in great shape. The last one of these sets I ever saw in such great condition was one in our electronics lab in high school, 30+ years ago. We never used it, but I'd guess it was working fairly well--at least it looked that way from the front.

I can only guess from here, but judging from the fact that the set's channel selector is on channel 6, the seller may be in that part of New Jersey near Philadelphia. Philly's ABC affiliate is WPVI-TV, channel 6 (formerly WFIL-TV).

Anthony, I agree with you one hundred percent about some ebay sellers not giving their actual cities of residence, or at least a zip/postal code, when listing an item for bids. The argument that they don't want anyone finding out where they live doesn't hold water from where I sit; after all, as you said, if they don't provide at least their state or a zip/postal code, it is difficult, if not impossible, to figure shipping, delivery time, etc.--and it *is* impossible to mail or have the item delivered by a carrier, of course, if they don't have an address to send it to.

There may be a small town or even a suburb of a major city in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc. named Lighthouse View, so the seller may not be trying to be funny after all. However, again I agree with you; he/she should have at least included a zip code with the listing. The post office or UPS, FedEx, etc. may be unfamiliar with the name of a city, town or what have you, but the zip code will allow at least the Postal Service to get a package to where it's going. If the zip includes the +4 numbers, the chances of the letter, package, etc. getting to its destination are even better.

rca2000
04-20-2004, 11:50 PM
(that is me, myrca2000), I had to change my ebay name and ID, after a hacker kept sending me emails, saying things like"I know who you are", and "I have your password".

I haven't hit the reserve yet, and may not. but, I'm definitely keeping an eye on the set( I have one 29jc20 now, but it is not a space command, and the cabinet is not NEARLY as nice as that one.

andy
04-21-2004, 02:21 AM
---

swanson
04-21-2004, 05:15 PM
This guy lives on Long Beach Island,New Jersey.He Is a good guy
to deal with.I recently bought an old Conrac Hybrid color broadcast monitor from him.The condition of the monitor was exactly the way he described it,no surprises or disappointment.
The "lighthouse view" would be the Barnegat Lighthouse,built
in 1858 and taken out of service in 1944,the second tallest
lighthouse in America.
Swanson

swanson
04-21-2004, 05:34 PM
This guy lives on Long Beach Island,New Jersey.He Is a good guy
to deal with.I recently bought an old Conrac Hybrid color broadcast monitor from him.The condition of the monitor was exactly the way he described it,no surprises or disappointment.
The "lighthouse view" would be the Barnegat Lighthouse,built
in 1858 and taken out of service in 1944,the second tallest
lighthouse in America.
Swanson

heathkit tv
04-21-2004, 06:34 PM
For all we knew, until you posted it, he could've been in Montauk or most anywhere else along the coast near the states he mentioned in his auction.

On another note, any of you familiar with the stories of the Montauk Project? I don't buy into even .001% of that stuff, but it's pretty interesting just the same. The one "truth" that IS spooky is that supposedly they had all sorts of heavy power brought in (new substation) within the last 5 years or so......why would they need this for a military installation that was deactivated over 15 years ago? The things that make you go Hmmmmm.

Anthony

swanson
04-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah,Long Island,NY is known to have all kinds of crazy things
going on out there over the years,like animal testing facilities
and germ warfare labratories.Some people think that the
West nile virus that hit the NYC area a few years ago came
from an abandoned or active lab somewhere out there.I work
with alot of people from various parts of Long Island,and if you
ask them anything about this stuff they always deny everything.
If you really want to get them going,just ask them if the
Amityville horror really happened.:p:

captainmoody
04-21-2004, 07:54 PM
So far it looks like you have a good shot at it Jack,
The guy that you are bidding against hasn't spent too much in his past auctions so hopefully he will back off.
Who knows as far as snipers though, I hope you can get it.

heathkit tv
04-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by swanson
Yeah,Long Island,NY is known to have all kinds of crazy things
going on out there over the years,like animal testing facilities
and germ warfare labratories.Some people think that the
West nile virus that hit the NYC area a few years ago came
from an abandoned or active lab somewhere out there.I work
with alot of people from various parts of Long Island,and if you
ask them anything about this stuff they always deny everything.
If you really want to get them going,just ask them if the
Amityville horror really happened.:p:

Long Island has a fascinating history but seems to be generally unknown or not on most people's radar screens. I've lived out there for many years and had spent most all my childhood summers there---still have family out on the East End.

Tesla's famous tower and lab were located on the North Shore near the Shoreham facility. Grumman and Republic among others had large factories at one time. I used to occasionally hear fighters going supersonic on test flights. There are all sorts of stories about UFOs and paranormal flotsam, and with the former large presence of Indians am sure there are some desecrated burial grounds.

Sorry for rambling.

Anthony

Sandy G
04-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Anthony- You peaked my interest. Montauk Project? Hmmmm, never heard of that one- please enlighten. I have heard stories thru the years of "unusual" stuff going on on Lawn Kilant- but never this. Don't know if I believe much of them, but they still make for interesting stories. -Sandy G.

Richard D
04-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Maybe we should among ourselves start just giving out hand held GPS LAT./LNG. coordinates, on second thought ....nevermind
Emily Lattela

We miss you Gilda:D